Children Looked After (CLA) and Safeguarding Lead (Full-time, All Year Round or Term-time only contracts considered)
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented, highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join us working as our College’s Children Looked After (CLA) and safeguarding Lead. The successful candidate will be a key member of our Safeguarding and Welfare Team.
● have a strong safeguarding and child protection background.
● have a comprehensive understanding of the latest statutory requirements in keeping young people safe in education.
● assure excellence in the provision of welfare and safeguarding support for all students with a clear focus on the CLA cohort.
● oversee and lead all CLA meetings with internal and external professionals.
● create an approachable, supportive and inclusive environment.
● have the ability to calmly adapt and prioritise workflow to ensure the safety of our students.
● proactively identify and facilitate relevant learning and development opportunities for both staff and students.
● have excellent communication skills - written, verbal and presentation.
● be a strong team player who can build and maintain effective relationships with internal colleagues and external agencies in order to fully meet the support needs of our students.
● have outstanding analytical skills and attention to detail.
BCA is a popular and expanding FE college with a strong land-based heritage. We have an excellent record of academic and pastoral achievement and pride ourselves in creating a caring and respectful ethos where every student is important. If you have excellent organisational skills, can prioritise your workload and are an active listener who encourages development and champions achievement, you’ll thrive in this learner-focused role.
To apply for this exciting role, please read the attached job description and complete the application form which can be downloaded from FE jobs or found under ‘How to Apply’ on the ‘Work For Us’ page of our website. Completed applications forms can be uploaded directly by selecting ‘Apply Now’ or emailed to the HR Department. For any queries, please contact the HR team who will be happy to help you. We look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 16th May 2021
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Reasons to join us
● Generous holiday entitlement & pension scheme
● A wide range of learning & career opportunities
● Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
● Comprehensive Recognition, Life Events and Long Service Programme
● Cycle to work and local business employee corporate discount schemes
● Free onsite parking
● Various health & wellbeing benefits (including free use of the College Gym)
Commitment to Safeguarding
BCA is committed to equal opportunities for all whilst safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students; all posts are subject to enhanced DBS checks.
BCA (Berkshire College of Agriculture) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.