Excellent KS2 class teacher sought for a part-time role (0.6 FTE) to work as a job share.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational class teacher to job share in a year 5 class. The appointment is from January 2020 or sooner if possible. You will be a key part of our progressive and positive KS2 team, including teachers, teaching assistants and HLTAs.
Walton Oak’s Good Ofsted status was confirmed in November 2017 and we are proud of our ethos and culture. Our teachers are passionate about education, capable of motivating and inspiring pupils and committed to achieving the best for every child. We are continually striving to evaluate and refine our practice, building on existing strengths and identifying ways of developing each child.
Walton Oak has recently joined the Lumen Learning Trust, a small multi-academy chain which holds the child at the centre of its practice and works in partnership to ensure that each school’s unique character leads to the best outcomes for its pupils.
You will be a strong class teacher, with demonstrable experience of securing a good or outstanding outcomes for children of all abilities. We would welcome experienced candidates and outstanding NQTs.
The qualities we are looking for include:
• The confidence to be innovative and creative with your teaching;
• A good understanding of how academic skills can be taught through a creative cross-curricular approach;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the formation of strong relationships with children, parents and colleagues;
• Ability to interpret and act upon data, working with colleagues to develop and refine practices to ensure pupils continue to improve their progress in KS2;
• A determination to continually evaluate and refine your own practice.
We can offer you:
• Friendly, supportive and dedicated colleagues;
• A commitment to your continued professional development;
• Sparky, lively children who welcome you into their lives;
• A modern purpose-built building with amazing facilities, both indoor and out.
Visits to the school are highly recommended and warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office for an application pack (or download from this site), or feel free to contact the Headteacher, Miss Mandy Watts for more details.
To apply please send fully completed application forms and letter of application via eteach. CVs cannot be accepted. Closing date for applications is 11.59pm on Thursday 17th October 2019.
Closing date for applications: Midnight 17th October 2019
Interviews: 23rd October 2019
Start date: January 2020 or sooner
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW THE ADVERT BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE SHOULD CIRCUMSTANCES CHANGE.