Full-Time Temporary Lower Key Stage 2 Class Teacher
Maternity Leave Cover
This vacancy is suitable for an NQT
Salary Details: MPS 1-3
Job Term: Full Time - Maternity Cover
Appointment Type: Full time, temporary 2 terms with the possibility of extending to three terms, from 23rd August 2021
Location: Kegworth Primary School, High Street, Kegworth
Head Teacher: Mrs Tracey Robinson
The governors are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed teacher to join our popular and vibrant school, graded ‘good’ by Ofsted in October 2016. Kegworth Primary School is a warm and welcoming environment with a committed team of staff and governors. We are a growing school and from August 2020 we are changing our pupil admission number from 30 to 45 children in order to accommodate the growing population of the village. The children are at the heart of everything we do as well as being positive and enthusiastic learners.
We are located in North-West Leicestershire (within easy reach of Leicester, Loughborough, Derby and Nottingham).
We are looking for someone who:
- has good knowledge of the Primary Curriculum
- has a good understanding of how children learn
- can provide a stimulating environment for learning and quality teaching
- believes in the creative curriculum and excellence and enjoyment for children and staff!
- is able to work as part of a team
- can plan and assess effectively
- is able to liaise effectively with parents and have excellent relationships with the children and their families
- is enthusiastic and enjoys the challenges and rewards of working within a small school
We can offer you:
- friendly and supportive staff, parents and governors
- comprehensive NQT Programme and experienced mentor
- a caring school ethos where we believe children can make the world a better place and every child is special
- a welcoming school with superb grounds
- happy and well behaved children
- large, well-resourced classrooms
- our commitment to your professional development and health and well-being
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided.
Unfortunately, we are currently unable to offer visits to school – please see our school website for more information about us.
Please email any questions you have to the school office.
Applications should be submitted no later than 12pm on Friday 7th May
Shortlisting will take place on Monday 10th May
Provisional interview date: Friday 14th May
Kegworth Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Due to this post having access to children, candidates will be required to undertake a Criminal Record and Right to Work Check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities.