Contract: Temporary Maternity Contract
Salary: Teachers Main Scale
Are you a creative and enthusiastic teacher looking to make a difference in children’s lives?
Westfield Primary School are looking to appoint a full time teacher to join our thriving school working within KS2 from September 2019, to help develop and enhance our school provision and deliver high quality teaching and learning. This position is open to both experienced and newly qualified teachers (NQTs).
This contract is a temporary contract to cover the maternity leave of an existing staff member which we anticipate will be for the whole 2019/20 academic year.
We are looking for somebody who is:
- Energetic, enthusiastic, talented and committed, with a good sense of humour;
- An outstanding classroom practitioner, with high expectations;
- Has an imaginative approach to the curriculum, whilst retaining the rigour of the basic skills;
- Positive and forward thinking;
- Keen to develop professionally;
- Interested in leading school development of a subject, such as Art, Music or other foundation subject;
- Is committed to working in partnership with all stakeholders in the school;
- Is supportive of colleagues;
- Is positive, forward thinking and willing to “go the extra mile”
In return, our wonderful school can offer:
- A supportive, hardworking and friendly team who are committed to achieving the best for our children.
- Cheerful and welcoming pupils who provide plenty of fun and laughs
- An encouraging and caring ethos and strong support framework for NQTs
- Varied Continuing Professional Development (CPD) opportunities and opportunities to work in partnership with other schools within the Engage, Enrich, Excel Academy Trust
- A supportive Senior Leadership Team
Westfield Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are required to complete an enhanced DBS check and all job offers are subject to satisfactory references and proof of eligibility to work in the UK
Westfield Primary Schools is also committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably experienced persons regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Applicants are encouraged to visit the school ahead of applying and are welcome to ring or email the School Business Manager to arrange a visit.
Closing Date: 12:00pm on Friday 3rd May 2019
Interviews: 17th May 2019
Start Date: 1st September 2019
Westfield Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are required to complete an enhanced DBS check and all job offers are subject to satisfactory references and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.