Full-time KS1/KS2 Class Teacher to cover PPA, on a one year temporary contract, in our ‘Outstanding’ (Ofsted 2018) school - Experienced Teacher (not appropriate for NQT's)
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, highly skilled and motivated teacher to join our 'outstanding' Chestnut Park Primary School. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced teacher or a teacher who has recently completed their induction period to further develop their career within a growing multi-academy trust.
Are you keen to support the the final stage of growth of our Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 Phases? We currently have children in Reception to Year Five classes, growing to Reception to Year Six in September 2021. At full capacity the school will be Three form entry by 2021.
Alongside GLF schools we can provide extensive career development opportunities within the school and the Multi-Academy Trust.
As a modern school, built in 2016, Chestnut Park benefits from state of the art technology within a modern, purpose built environment. We are also proud of our recent Ofsted inspection (June 2018) in which we were awarded 'Outstanding' in all areas.
Ofsted found 'Pupils’ behaviour in class and around school is exemplary. They are polite and well-mannered and demonstrate very positive attitudes to learning. Leadership is strong at all levels. Existing leaders identify and nurture potential leaders. Leaders invest in high-quality training to support improvement'
Our vision is that Chestnut Park Primary School will remain a primary school of excellence, where every child is both challenged and inspired to achieve beyond their dreams. We believe every child should be inspired by a rich and varied curriculum which focuses on establishing the highest standard of basic skills, whilst nurturing independent learners and thinkers.
What we are looking for:
- An outstanding practitioner
- Proven experience of high standards of primary classroom practice
- Innovative and inspirational
- Committed to and has a strong belief in teamwork
- Able to lead, challenge and motivate children
- Committed to working with parents and the wider community
- Teachers who are keen to progress within their Teaching or Leadership roles
- Understand the importance of parents involvement in the learning process
Why work at Chestnut Park Primary School?
- The support of GLF Schools and the opportunity to be part of an inspirational, growing and dynamic organisation
- An exciting opportunity to develop a curriculum to meet the needs of local community
- A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community with excellent transport links
- New top of the range facilities to aid Teaching and Learning.
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
- Recognition of previous school continuous service.
- Excellent CPD opportunities and career progression
- A competitive pension scheme
MPR/ (Outer London)
Start Date - 1st September 2021
date for applications- 29th June 11:59 PM
Interview date - TBC. Interviews will take place via video link and may take place before the closing date, therefore submit your request at your earliest convenience.
Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to offer face to face meetings and tours. However, we would like to invite you to meet us and our school virtually via teams meetings. If this is something you are interested in then please do contact the school office to arrange a meeting with both the Head of School and Deputy Headteacher.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.