Experienced teacher of children with SEND and behaviour and mental health needs. This is to work in our specialist provision providing outstanding teaching to children of a range of ages and abilities, who have varying barriers to their learning.
Salary: Main Scale
Required from: Easter 2021
Contract: 1 Year with a view to becoming permanent
Work pattern: Full-time
Closing Date: Tuesday 2nd February 2021 (noon)
Interviews: Monday 8th February 2021 via MS Teams
Number on roll: 503
Suitable for NQTs: No
The Trustees of Blue Bell Hill Academy Trust are seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational classroom practitioner who has experience of working with children, whom, for a variety of circumstances, can find school difficult. The position will be within part of our Woodland Unit (specialist provision for children who have severe autism and a range of complex behavioural needs). This currently caters for 12 children from across school and is set up in a designated area of the building. Part of this role will include working with the team to find ways of successfully integrating these children into the wider school community.
Blue Bell Hill Primary School in St Ann’s, Nottingham was graded as good by OFSTED in 2019. The school is currently oversubscribed, which reflects the popularity of the school in the community.
We proudly serve a rich, multi-cultural community with over 30 languages spoken by our children. Feedback from parents and carers tells us that they like the school and value the work we do. Children are happy and they enjoy coming to school.
Our new teachers will be supported throughout their induction by experienced mentors and a very friendly and supportive staff team, as well as our strong links with the Transform Teaching School Alliance.
We pride ourselves in working in partnership with a range of local organisations which enhance the curriculum and the experiences offered to children and their families.
The position advertised is for our Woodland Unit however, this may not at times, always be the case in the future as this will depend on the needs of the school and will involve supporting children re-integrate into the full classroom environment.
We are looking for teachers who:
- have the highest expectations of themselves enabling them to motivate and inspire children with a creative approach to teaching
- have high expectations of children’s achievement and a commitment to improving pupil outcomes
- have a positive forward thinking approach
- have the ability to promote the school’s vision to ensure our children receive the best education possible
- have a commitment to providing an inspirational learning environment in order to achieve outstanding progress for all children
- can foster strong relationships with our families, local businesses and the wider community
- can be a team player and work closely with all staff
In return we can offer:
- a school focused on learning and teaching
- a welcoming and supportive team of talented professionals who have high expectations of all children
- a bespoke classroom environment set up with individual needs in mind.
- a high staff to pupil ratio
- a happy and vibrant school with pupils that are keen to learn
- a commitment to providing a creative school curriculum led by passionate leaders
- continuing and wide-ranging professional development
- collaborative planning and non-contact time with your team
To apply for this post, please download the application form and submit via eTeach.
Alternatively, you can send your application to us directly on the main school email address (email address can be found in 'Advert' document attached or via the 'Apply Now' section)
Along with submitting your application form we are also requesting that you send a short video presentation, no longer than 5 minutes, stating why you would like to work at Blue Bell Hill Primary School and why you would be an ideal candidate. This will replace a cover letter and CV and is designed to give us an insight into your personality and teaching philosophy.
Please note: You will not be able to submit your video presentation via eteach. Please send this to the school directly via email by Wednesday 3rd February 2021 (email address can be found in 'Advert' document attached or via the 'Apply Now' section).
Due to the present COVID-19 situation, interviews will be held via conference call/video conferencing instead of at school. All successful candidates will be advised as soon as possible with further details about the interview process.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and all new appointments are made subject to detailed references and enhanced DBS checks.
Applications should be sent via the 'Apply Now' button by noon on Tuesday 2nd February 2021.
Blue Bell Hill Primary School is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and all new appointments are made subject to detailed references and enhanced DBS checks.