Class Teacher (1 Year/ Maternity Cover)
Abbey Mead Primary Academy
Main Pay scale – the role would suit either an NQT or experienced teacher
Start date: 23rd August 2021
Abbey Mead Primary Academy are looking for a passionate class teacher to deliver high quality lessons while successfully nurturing and inspiring our children. As part of our teaching team, you will enthuse and motivate our pupils to strive for success while maintaining a healthy learning environment for all children within the school.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• Q.T.S (Qualified Teacher Status).
• A Good Honours Degree (desirable).
• A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
• High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work towards deadlines.
• Experience innovating to deliver the curriculum
WHY CHOOSE US
Abbey Mead Primary is a 3-form entry Primary School in Leicester City. We aim to provide a safe, caring learning environment for all, working together with families and the community whilst delivering a broad, balanced and creative curriculum celebrating the diversity of our world.
At Abbey we aim to provide a stimulating and challenging learning environment where all pupils can attain their full potential. This will be accomplished in the following ways:
• Children will receive the highest quality of learning and teaching.
• Children will be provided with a learning atmosphere in which they can fully develop their academic and social skills.
• Children will attain very high standards of behaviour.
• All staff set very high expectations for all children in order to raise levels of achievement of individuals and across the school.
• The needs of all children, including those who are gifted and talented or those with special educational needs are met within the school curriculum.
• All children are encouraged to develop as individual thinkers and learners, taking responsibility for their own lives.
• The school will provide for the physical, social and moral development of every child.
• Children will be encouraged to show the good values of courtesy, sensitivity and tolerance as appropriate in a multi-racial community. The school will not tolerate any discrimination or inequality of opportunity.
• We develop effective partnerships with parents and use the school as a community resource.
We expect that this will enable the children of Abbey to become:
• Literate and numerate, achieving their maximum potential and giving them a range of life choices.
• Alert, motivated and able to set and monitor progress towards their own targets.
• Happy, contented and at ease with themselves and others.
• Confident, independent and inspired to learn.
• Responsible for and engaged in their own learning.
• Valued and valuable members of the community.
• Respectful of themselves, others and the environment.
• Able to confidently articulate their thoughts, learning and opinions.
• Able to communicate their needs, wants and choices.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 25th May 2021 @ 12:00
Interview Date: Friday 27th May 2021
Start Date: 23rd August 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.