Meadowbank Special School
Post Title: Class Teacher
Post Ref No: ED50055112
Salary: MPS / UPS plus 1 or 2 SEN points (depending on experience)
Contract Type: Full Time & Permanent
Start Date: Summer Term 2019
The Governing Body are seeking to appoint a highly experienced and inspirational class teacher who will continue to build on the existing excellent standards at Meadowbank Special School.
Meadowbank is a small, friendly special school for pupils aged 4-11 with a primary need of Developmental Language Disorder (formerly Speech & Language Impairment). We have recently widened our admission criteria to also accept pupils with a range of complex learning needs. This role is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new phase in the history of Meadowbank.
Applications are welcome from candidates who have proven SEN teaching experience especially within the special school sector:
The successful candidate will have:
• the ability to inspire and work with the whole school team to raise standards;
• the ability to lead and contribute to the school’s ethos of care and support for every
• the capacity to listen and communicate effectively with all partners, further developing our close relationships with parents, carers and the community.
• Have significant experience supporting Foundation Phase pupils who have Additional Learning Needs (ALN), especially those with DLD and complex needs.
In return, the school can offer:
• Children who are a delight to work with and who make the most of every opportunity;
• A team of professionals who are mutually supportive and who always go the extra
mile for the pupils, each other and the school;
• An enthusiastic and supportive Governing Body who strive for excellence.
• The opportunity in the future to contribute to the leadership of the school with a possible Teaching and Learning responsibility.
If you would like to discuss this exciting opportunity please contact the Headteacher, Claire Hardy.
Tour of the school: 18th February at 10am. Please telephone the school office to arrange this.
This vacancy is suitable for post share
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Alternatively, if you are not able to download a copy, you can contact Connect-2-Cardiff (C2C) or e-mail Cardiff Works for an application pack quoting reference: ED50055112 and the job title.
Application forms should be completed in full and returned to the school by the closing date.
Claire Hardy (Headteacher)
Closing date: Friday 22nd February at 12 noon.
Interview/Assessment dates: Wednesday 6th March 2019
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools
Meadowbank Special School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.