YSGOL GYNRADD WINDSOR CLIVE
Grand Avenue, Ely, CARDIFF. CF5 4HX
Windsor Clive Primary School
Acting Head Teachers / Mrs. B. Francis, Mr. G. Ellis
Required for 1st September, 2019
Post ref: ED50190983
Temporary Full-time Teacher, required to cover Maternity Leave
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and committed teacher wishing to extend their professional development working as part of an excellent Foundation Phase and Key Stage 2 team.
With 461 pupils on role, including a nursery, nurture class and a “Place2Be” team of counsellors, Windsor Clive offers excellent quality of experience, care and support for all its pupils and parents. It serves a large, socially and economically disadvantaged area and is strongly committed to its motto, Every Child, Every Chance, Every Day. High quality initiatives, including “Place2Be” a school-based pupil and parent counselling service, recently acclaimed in the media by its Patron, the Duchess of Cambridge; The school is known for its very welcoming ethos whilst parents are well supported by the dedicated Parent Engagement Officer.
In 2018 the school were Inspected by Estyn and received ‘Good’ in all 5 inspection areas.
• Leaders and staff at Winsor Clive Primary provide pupils with a very supportive and inclusive environment, which contributes greatly to a pupil’s personal development.
• Leaders encourage staff to share their practice and to work effectively and in innovative ways to maintain high standards’
• Teachers and support staff create a calm and welcoming environment where they encouraged all pupils to do their best.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and creative teacher. The successful applicant will be an excellent practitioner, keen to embrace opportunities for their professional development whilst undertaking the year’s contract.
• Be an excellent practitioner with experience of teaching across the age range
• Have an understanding of the needs of a communities first area and a strong commitment to social inclusion
• Have a positive attitude to innovation and change for both pupils and staff
• Show potential for strong subject or aspect leadership and management skills
• Have excellent interpersonal skills
The school will offer
• The opportunity to develop a strong, impactful practice
• A very positive team ethos with a dedicated and supportive team
• Interested and enthusiastic pupils who want to learn
• Strong commitment to Continuous Professional Development and opportunities for leadership development
The position offered is a full time teaching role commencing in September 2019, and is expected to extend until the end of the Summer Term 2020, but this is dependent upon the return or resignation of the substantive post holder.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, and 2 references, one of which must be your current employer. Proof of qualification must also be provided.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Application forms should be completed in full and returned to the school by the closing date.
Closing date: Monday 3rd June 3.00pm
Interviews week beginning: 10th June & 17th June
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.