Teacher: £23,720 - £39,406 per annum – salary within this pay range only, to be agreed at interview + SEN allowance of £2149. Increasing to £2681 after one year, subject to good appraisal outcomes.
Culverhill and New Siblands Schools formed a multi-academy trust on 1 July 2018. Please see Enable Trust website for more details about the exciting vision of promoting the special school voice in the system and raising standards for pupils with complex, severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties.
Culverhill School is a thriving and exceptional special school with a strong and creative teaching team. We cater for a range of special educational needs children including Complex Learning Difficulties and Speech and Language difficulties.
From 1st September 2019 we require an enthusiastic, committed and creative teacher who will enjoy teaching pupils with complex learning difficulties, communication and interaction needs and a range of other SEN at Culverhill and also across the Trust if needed.
We have a vacancy for a teacher in Year 8 who has experience of working with Primary students.
We are looking for teachers who:
• Are passionate and committed to Enable Trust’s vision and values
• Have excellent communication skills, good emotional literacy and are resilient in challenging environments.
• Are passionate, inspirational and put the needs of children and young people first and can form highly successful relationships with them
• Have the commitment and expertise to develop the potential of pupils of all needs and abilities
• Can motivate, engage and inspire all pupils to learn
• Are calm and can maintain a sense of humour under pressure and can be flexible enough to adapt as situations change
• Are organised and well experienced in assessment for learning techniques
• Have had some experience in contributing to EHCP outcomes.
• Are committed to developing pupils’ independence and emotional and physical well-being
• Can work collaboratively within a team and other professionals to ensure that learning is appropriate to meet the needs of individual learners.
• Are enthusiastic about developing their professional practice and embrace opportunities to acquire new learning, skills and knowledge
• Are creative in their use of ICT – it would be desirable, but not essential, to have some experience of leading or co-ordinating in this subject.
We can offer you:
• A supportive staff team to work with. Our pupils are taught in groups of 11 supported by experienced SEN teaching assistants
• A modern well-resourced environment
• External and internal CPD opportunities to maximise your professional development
• A supportive induction and mentoring programme
• Excellent future leadership and development opportunities across Enable Trust
Closing Date: Friday 31st May
Shortlisting: Monday 3rd June
Interviews (provisional date): Friday7th June
The trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Culverhill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.