Class Teacher required:
Location: Thorp Arch, Leeds
Contract type: Permanent
The Governors of this happy and hard working school community, wish to appoint a highly competent, inspiring and dedicated class teacher, for upper KS2. This is a permanent position to start in September 2019. However, a later start could be negotiated in exceptional circumstances.
We would like a teacher:
• who knows it is important to make learning interesting and exciting;
• who will create a positive climate for learning in class;
• who is confident and experienced in teaching pupils in upper KS2 and in preparing Y6 pupils for end of KS2 tests and assessments;
• who works hard to secure good progress for all pupils;
• who is committed to children’s welfare and safeguarding;
• who has a fair, consistent, positive and calm approach to ensuring pupils meet high expectations of good behaviour;
• who supports the Christian ethos of our school;
• and who will contribute to, and work collaboratively within, our enthusiastic and forward looking team.
We can offer the successful candidate
• a warm, welcoming school;
• supportive colleagues;
• pupils who are eager to learn with positive attitudes to learning and excellent behaviour;
• a commitment to your professional development with a range of opportunities to further your career;
• a real opportunity to play a significant role in the future development of our school;
• engaged and supportive parents;
• and a dedicated governing body.
The school, in the heart of Thorp Arch village and surrounded by countryside, is a very attractive setting in which to work. We are committed to staff development and school improvement.
The school is an active partner within the Wharfe Valley Learning Partnership – a trust of ten local schools who work together to improve outcomes for all children and to provide collaborative professional development opportunities.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 20 June at 12pm and need to be submitted electronically Interviews will be held on Tuesday 2 July
For more information, or to book a visit to the school, please contact Mrs Gill (see how to apply)
We promote diversity and applications are welcome from all, irrespective of sex, sexuality, race, religion, marital status, age or disability.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Lady Elizabeth Hastings' CofE VA Primary School, Thorp Arch is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.