Teacher: £23,720 - £34,325 per annum, pro rata. Salary within this pay range only, to be agreed at interview.
This is a part time post, working 2 days per week as a job share (exact days of week to be confirmed).
This is a fixed term contract until 31st August 2020 subject to a staffing and budget review.
‘Staff enjoy working together to enable all of our children to flourish. Our Lady of Lourdes is a thriving school. Current leaders have established a culture of high aspirations. All staff report that they are proud to work in the school. The majority of pupils are diligent and display exemplary attitudes to learning. Parents and carers report their growing confidence in the school.’
Ofsted February 2018
Our Lady of Lourdes is a Catholic primary school situated in Kingswood, South Gloucestershire and close to the City of Bristol border.
The Governing Body wish to appoint a highly motivated and talented Key Stage 2 practitioner to support our Headteacher and dedicated staff on its journey of continuous growth and development. The school has been judged to be ‘Good’ by a recent OFSTED inspection and embarks on further partnership work with other like-minded Diocesan schools.
We offer high quality support and challenge, as well as focused and collaborative CPD for experienced colleagues.
Subject to potential staff restructuring in the future, there is the potential for the contract to be extended and career development opportunities attached.
We are looking for someone special who:
• Is exciting and innovative in the classroom – demonstrating excellent classroom practice through creative and challenging teaching.
• Through quality planning, preparation, assessment and monitoring; champions the needs of all pupils – including the most vulnerable learners.
• Can communicate and achieve high expectations for pupils in personal achievement and behaviour.
• Is knowledgeable and reflective of current educational practice and national expectations and can drive standards.
• Communicates effectively and can work harmoniously and collaboratively with the job share partner teacher (the Deputy Headteacher) to enhance opportunities for all.
• Is able to motivate and inspire others, and work collaboratively with colleagues.
• Is committed to education in a Christian setting, and can actively contribute towards the school ethos.
• Is an excellent communicator with a kind, supportive and calm disposition.
• Is reflective and keen to grasp opportunities for further self-improvement.
We are proud to offer:
• A happy, caring community where pupils’ uniqueness is valued and potential is harnessed.
• Delightful, well behaved children who are eager to learn.
• A friendly, supportive and talented staff team committed to working together to drive the school forward.
• Dynamic opportunities for professional development and growth.
• A supportive Governing Body and parent community.
• A committed and supportive environment where you will be encouraged to develop your professional skills further.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
References may be requested for all candidates prior to short-listing. Appointment is subject to successful clearing of references, DBS Checks etc.
Closing date: Tuesday 25th June 2019 at 12noon
Interview: Friday 28th June 2019
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and highly encouraged. These can be arranged with the School Business Manager, Mrs Jayne Russell. Application form and further information is on the Eteach website and the school website.
Our Lady Of Lourdes RC VA Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.