Western Learning Federation
Cardiff CF5 5AQ
Executive Headteacher: Mr Wayne Murphy
Ref : ED50055213
Class teacher/TLR2 responsible for LNF (Range £2796 - £6829)
Required from the 20th April 2020 or ASAP.
The three special schools have recently federated have begun their exciting new journey. The position will be primarily based at Woodlands High School. However, the newly appointed member of staff would be employed by the federation. We are looking to appoint an ambitious, innovative and highly motivated middle leader to join our talented leadership team.
Woodlands High School is seeking to appoint a self-motivated, self-disciplined colleague who is driven to do the best they can. In return our school is a positive and energetic place that feels good about itself. Our pupils are taught in an encouraging atmosphere surrounded by the aspirations and opportunities that allows them to develop as highly competent, resilient and determined young people.
We are looking for a middle leader who values the success of their colleagues as much as their own and whilst setting high standards for behaviour, ensures that every pupil is treated with respect and feels included. Our team is supportive of each other and innovation is encouraged with talents and ideas nurtured. We create a safe learning environment for all who work here. Our Leadership Team strive to create a no fear culture where open and honest self-reflection is expected for improvement and where excellence and going the extra mile is rewarded.
Whilst all prior experience will be valued please remain mindful that this is a developing school. This is a role for visionary practitioners who are excited about the future of education in Wales and the development of a new school build with a state-of-the-art setting.
If you are excited about the possibilities and share our vision for an excellent school then we very much welcome an application to join us.
The successful candidate will:
• Have extensive knowledge and experience of working with children with Additional Learning Needs
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Significantly contribute to the ethos and values of our school
• Have commitment, be highly motivated and be able to contribute to our dedicated and enthusiastic team
• Be an excellent classroom practitioner who inspires and leads children to reach their full potential through high quality learning experiences
• Have compassion
• Be adaptable, resourceful and innovative
• Be dynamic and inspirational
• Be a Leader who will motivate and empower others
• Be committed to ensure that each child will succeed
• Be an excellent communicator who will inspire children, parents and staff alike
• Have sound knowledge of the Curriculum
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Alternatively, if you are not able to download a copy, you can contact HR People Services or e-mail for an application pack quoting reference: ED50055213 and the job title.
Completed application forms to be emailed to: Mr Chris Street, Admin Manager, Western Learning Federation or posted directly to the school, addressed to: Chris Street, Admin Manager, Woodlands High School, Vincent Road, Ely, Cardiff. CF5 5AQ.
Closing date: 29th January 2020 – 12 noon
Shortlisting date: 3rd February 2020
Interview date: 10th February 2020
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.