Required from 28 August 2020
Fixed term up to one year
Main Scale Points 1-6
Highbank Primary and Nursery School is seeking to appoint an excellent teaching practitioner who has high expectations of pupil progress and a drive for self-development. This is a temporary contract up to one year starting in August 2020
At Highbank we are proud to be an inclusive school providing a high quality, creative and challenging education. Every child experiences a sense of enjoyment and achieves their full potential within a secure, caring and happy environment.
In short, every child that attends Highbank will...
Find HAPPINESS, Make PROGRESS and Achieve SUCCESS
We are looking for inspirational teachers who are committed to creating a stimulating learning environment through excellent classroom practice.
• Be a consistently good / outstanding primary teacher
• Be passionate about teaching and learning and making a difference to every child.
• Care passionately about children and their development whilst still driving forward pupil progress and achievement.
• value a team working approach and be keen to contribute and share your skills with colleagues
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to build on and maintain strong relationships with staff, parents and carers, children, governors and the local and wider community.
In return we offer:
• A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven towards continuously raising standards.
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
• Calm and purposeful learning environments
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
• A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
• Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Dawn Lyons in the school office to arrange this
How to apply
Please download an application form from our website. Any questions or queries and completed applications should be sent by email to Dawn Lyons
Closing date for applications : Noon 11th March 2020
Interview: 25th March 2020
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6800 children in 18 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire and Derby. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
• Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
• Trust support networks
• Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
• Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
• Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film on our website
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training
Highbank Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is therefore subject to a successful enhanced DBS check.