Class teacher – Key Stage 1 (Year 1)
Required from 28 August 2020
Part time 2 days per week (0.4 FTE) Thursday and Friday
Fixed term until 31 December 2020
Main Scale Points 1-6
South Wilford Endowed Church of England Primary School is seeking to appoint an excellent teaching practitioner who has high expectations of pupil progress and a drive for self-development.
We are a long and established inclusive school with high ambition for all children and adults. Work is well underway on a new, rich and diverse curriculum which develops the whole child including life skills and emotional well-being alongside academic progress.
We have a naturally supportive staff team who, in the words of a recent external school improvement adviser, ‘genuinely show warmth and support towards one another’.
We have amazing school grounds which offer extensive opportunities for outdoor learning including Forest Schools, a farm and an expansive woodland area.
We are looking for an inspirational teacher who is committed to creating a stimulating learning environment through excellent classroom practice.
• Be a consistently good / outstanding primary teacher
• Be passionate about teaching and learning and making a difference to every child.
• Care passionately about children and their development whilst still driving forward pupil progress and achievement.
• value a team working approach and be keen to contribute and share your skills with colleagues
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to build on and maintain strong relationships with staff, parents and carers, children, governors and the local and wider community.
In return we offer:
• A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven towards continuously raising standards.
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
• Calm and purposeful learning environments
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
• A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
• Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and we would ask you to contact the school office to arrange a virtual tour.
How to apply
Please download an application form from our website.
Any questions or queries and completed application forms should be directed to Mrs Sally Read, Business Manager
South Wilford Endowed CE Primary School, Main Road, Wilford, Nottingham NG11 7AL. or by email
Closing Date Friday 17 July 2020, noon.
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6500 children in 18 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire and Derby. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
• Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
• Trust support networks
• Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
• Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
• Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training
South Wilford Endowed CofE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.