Class teacher – Key Stage 1 (Year 2)
Required from 30th November 2020
Fixed term until July 2021
Main Scale Points 1-6
South Wilford Endowed Church of England Primary School is seeking to appoint an excellent teaching practitioner who has high expectations of pupil progress and a drive for self-development.
We are a long and established inclusive school with high ambition for all children and adults. We have a new, rich and diverse curriculum which develops the whole child including life skills and emotional well-being alongside academic progress. We are very excited to be developing a digital learning programme with Apple Classroom and we currently have individual I pads for all children in Year 2 to extend and engage them in their learning.
We have a naturally supportive staff team who, in the words of a recent external school improvement adviser, ‘genuinely show warmth and support towards one another’.
We have amazing school grounds which offer extensive opportunities for outdoor learning including Forest Schools, a farm and an expansive woodland area.
We are looking for an inspirational teacher who is committed to creating a stimulating learning environment through excellent classroom practice.
- Be a consistently good / outstanding primary teacher
- Be passionate about teaching and learning and making a difference to every child.
- Care passionately about children and their development whilst still driving forward pupil progress and achievement.
- Value a team working approach and be keen to contribute and share your skills with colleagues
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to build on and maintain strong relationships with staff, parents and carers, children, governors and the local and wider community.
In return we offer:
- A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven towards continuously raising standards.
- Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives, including support in delivering a digital learning curriculum.
- Calm and purposeful learning environments
- Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
- A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
- Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and we would ask you to contact the school office to arrange a tour.
How to apply
Please complete an application form and provide a covering letter. Application forms can be downloaded from Transform trust website
Any questions or queries and completed application forms should be directed to Mrs Heather Stannard in the school office;
South Wilford Endowed CE Primary School, Main Road, Wilford, Nottingham NG11 7AL.
Closing Date Friday 9th October at 12.00pm
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6700 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire and Derby. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School and Inspiring Leaders.
We can offer you:
- Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
- Trust support networks
- Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
- Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
- Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film on the Trust website
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training
South Wilford Endowed CofE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.