We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced creative teacher to join our team of friendly and dedicated staff.
The Hermitage is an inspiring and inclusive community where every child is treated as an individual and is challenged to reach their full potential. We strive to provide our children with a broad and balanced curriculum that enables them to discover and celebrate their talents in a wide range of fields. Growing up in the 21st Century is challenging, therefore we want to ensure our children are prepared for the next stage in their lives, academically, socially and emotionally. Through child-centred activities and experiences, we want to ensure our children develop their confidence, self-belief, self-esteem and resilience to become life-long learners and be successful in life.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced teacher, who is highly motivated in helping pupils reach their full potential, to join our friendly and dedicated teaching team. The role will be working across classrooms providing cover for the Class Teacher and will involve an element of planning.
This is a Part-Time role, working afternoons 12:30 to 15:30 five days a week, but we are flexible with these hours for the correct candidate.
The salary grade will be directly related to the experience of the successful candidate.
The post is for a Key Stage 2, specifically Year 5 and Year 6, Class Teacher on a temporary contract initially until February Half Term 2021, with a start date of ASAP.
We can offer:
• An aspirational and values led school dedicated to giving children outdoor learning experiences
• Enthusiastic, skilled and friendly staff who will make you welcome and support you within a learning culture
• An exciting and dynamic working and learning environment – inside and outside
• Professional development opportunities
• A strong belief in the development of the whole child
• Fantastic children and supportive families
We are looking for someone:
• Who is a great teacher and is able to take initiative
• Who is passionate about developing children – academically, socially and emotionally
• Who is willing to work hard and contribute to the wider life of the school
• Who is passionate with a positive, can do, attitude
• Who has a clear understanding of good and better teaching, but wants to develop their skills even further
• Who has great interpersonal skills, works effectively as part of a team and with good humour
• Who is able to challenge children to achieve beyond their expectations
Candidates are encouraged to submit their application forms as soon as possible. We reserve the right to withdraw this advert before the closing date on appointment of a suitable candidate.
The Hermitage School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS check, suitable references and other essential checks.
Closing Date: Tuesday 3rd November
Interviews: Week commencing 9th November 2020
The Hermitage School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.