St Philip Evans Catholic Primary School
Coed Y Gores,
Cardiff CF23 9NX
Post Number ED50052816
Required for January 2021
This is a temporary post for two terms until 31/08/21
MPS/UPS pay grade
The Governors are seeking to appoint a motivated, enthusiastic and inspiring primary teacher to work across the school releasing staff for preparation and planning time. We welcome applications from experienced and Newly Qualified teachers.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an inspirational, dedicated and highly effective classroom teacher.
• Have high expectations of children’s behaviour and achievements.
• Have the ability to develop children’s well being and self esteem.
• Be able to work as part of a close team to achieve the very best for our children.
• Be prepared to lead after school activities.
• Have a strong commitment to their own learning and professional development.
We can offer:
• A strong caring Catholic Ethos.
• Children who are well behaved, polite and eager to learn.
• Supportive, enthusiastic, highly skilled and hardworking colleagues.
• A well resourced learning environment.
• A high performing school with opportunities for continuous professional development.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check
Application should be made on the Catholic Education Service application forms which are available to download from the Catholic Education Service website. All applications to be sent to
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Application forms should be completed in full and returned to the school by the closing date.
Closing Date: Wednesday 11th November 2020 by 12pm
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Interviews preferably will be face to face, but due to the current COVID -19 circumstances the interview process for this role maybe held on a virtual basis using an appropriate online platform. If you have any concerns around your ability to participate in a virtual interview process please contact Catherine Power, Headteacher for a discussion.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.