Class teacher - required from 4th January 2021 or earlier if possible
This is a part time (2 days a week) permanent position.
Main Scale Points 1-6 (£25,714 up to £36,961 FTE) although candidates on the upper pay scale will be considered
Do you want to make a real difference whilst working in an ambitious school, which seeks to broaden the horizons of its children? Are you enthusiastic about creating a vibrant curriculum that is dedicated to providing motivating learning opportunities, setting unashamedly high expectations and offering engaging experiences?
Burford Primary and Nursery school is seeking to appoint an excellent teaching practitioner who has high expectations of pupil progress and a drive for self-development. We are a happy, pragmatic and creative school passionate about moving all children forward in their learning. If you are seeking an ambitious opportunity to create an inspiring, fun and inclusive learning environment, then we can’t wait to hear from you!
This position is open to both experienced colleagues with excellent subject knowledge and NQTs beginning their teaching career. You will need to demonstrate that you have the potential to become an outstanding practitioner who can motivate and challenge our pupils. You must be committed to working in partnership with our children, parents, governors, partner schools and the wider community.
The position will initially be a job share in our Year 5 class but we are looking for a candidate with the skills to teach throughout school.
You are someone who is:
- Creative, positive and motivating with the drive to ‘go above and beyond’ to provide fun, meaningful and purposeful learning opportunities for your class and in a way that is relevant to our community
- A good practitioner with the potential to become outstanding, who has high expectations and a commitment to continuously raise standards and improve our children’s cultural capital
- Knowledgeable about the curriculum - including wider curriculum subjects - and who understands the learning journey from EYFS to Key Stage 2
- Able to communicate an inclusive attitude whilst setting high expectations for all learners
- A reflective practitioner who continues to look for ways to improve their practice
- A team player with good interpersonal and communication skills who looks forward to collaborating with our small-but-friendly team
- Confident when working to develop your own inspiring curriculum for your class
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to build on and maintain strong relationships with staff, parents and carers, children, governors and the local and wider community.
In return we offer:
- A primary school committed to becoming outstanding with a vibrant atmosphere and team who are willing go the extra mile to develop a curriculum which responds to the passions of both children and teachers
- A happy, supportive and inclusive school community led by a senior leadership team committed to maintaining the wellbeing of its children and adults
- Respectful, well behaved children who care for one another and have high aspirations
- Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
You will be joining us at a very exciting time and we would welcome the opportunity to have an informal chat with you before you apply. This may have to be via Zoom, rather than the traditional school tour, because of COVID restrictions. Please contact the school office to arrange a mutually convenient time for a chat/possible visit.
How to apply
Please write a two page letter outlining why you would be suitable for this role. Please also complete the application form that is attached alongside this advert.
Closing date for applications: 9am on 23rd November 2020.
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6700 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derby and Derbyshire. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training. Don't forget to check out our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
Burford Primary & Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. A CRB check will be required of the successful candidate.