Start Date January 4th 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter - Full time/Permanent
Rhos Y Fedwen Primary School is situated in the community of Rassau, on the outskirts of Ebbw Vale. The school has exceptional grounds and excellent resources. It is an open and friendly school with a dedicated staff, who work hard to create a positive, rights-respecting ethos. Rhos y Fedwen Primary School is a small, community focused school that prizes wellbeing and relationships with all members of the school community.
The Governors are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, innovative and inspirational teacher who is an outstanding practitioner committed to developing teaching and learning of the highest quality.
The successful candidate will be able to;
• Provide clear, inspirational ideas for raising educational standards
• Have the vision for further development to achieve a consistently high performance
• Possesses excellent communication and personal skills
• Have the skills and knowledge to embrace curriculum reform
• Have the ability to promote effective teamwork
• Promote values that maintain a disciplined, orderly school with a caring ethos
• Have the ability to build on the very good links that have been established with our families, the wider community, local employers and neighbouring schools
• Confidently lead in an AOLE or key role across the school
• Understand that our success depends upon mutual respect and collaboration with the whole school community.
In return Governors will support the successful candidate in all aspects of school life; thereby creating practice of effective learning and development throughout the school and its community.
Thorough pre-employment screening is undertaken during the recruitment process. The postholder will be required to complete an application for a Disclosure of Criminal Records.
Closing Date: 12 midday – November 30th 2020
Shortlisting: 3rd December 2020
Interviews: Monday 7th December 2020
Applicants will be offered the opportunity to attend a school visit Friday 4th December at 3.30 pm. Please confirm in advance with the school clerk.
Rhos y Fedwen Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.