Role: Class Teacher – 2 days per week
Location: West Ewell Primary School and Nursery
Salary: as per contract
Start Date: 1st January 2021
Contract: Fixed term to 31st August 2021
West Ewell Primary School and Nursery is seeking to appoint an outstanding, innovative and inspirational teacher to join our growing Primary School. This position is for 2 days per week and fixed term until the end of this academic year, with the potential to extend. This role is initially based in Key Stage 1.
West Ewell Primary School is an inclusive, culturally diverse, thriving, happy and oversubscribed school which has been rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in its previous two inspections. We have a nurturing environment and put emotional wellbeing at the forefront of what we do.
We are looking for a teacher who is able to demonstrate:
• A commitment to excellence for all children and will embrace inclusivity
• An outstanding record as a classroom practitioner
• Their ambition and is keen to develop their career
We can offer:
• A friendly, supportive and highly motivated staff team
• A supportive community of staff, governors and parents
• Excellent facilities in an attractive environment
• A 37 week term and a strong staff wellbeing culture
• A high performing Multi Academy Trust and the opportunities that brings for career development
Bourne Education Trust
West Ewell Primary School and Nursery is part of Bourne Education Trust (‘BET’) – a regional multi academy trust made up of sixteen schools, across both primary and secondary phases.
Specialising in supporting schools to improve their performance, BET continues to grow a community of high performing academies with the highest aspiration and dedication to achieving the best outcomes for their learners.
Led by Alex Russell, CEO, and supported by an executive team and board of directions, BET’s 1,050 staff currently education over 7,700 pupils.
BET is a fast moving and exciting place to work with every school within our Trust free to shape their individual character. Our brilliant teachers, support staff and leaders share a commitment to providing a first-class education to the children within their schools and as a Trust we strive to ensure that our provision enables every child to fulfil their potential.
Our people are the key to our success and for this reason we believe in creating great places to work where people feel supported and encouraged to be the best they can possibly be.
Staff within our schools can expect to be challenged and motivated to achieve their ambitions, and such is the scale and scope of the Trust’s school-to-school support work, successful candidates can expect to:
• Work in a high performing and supportive environment with dedicated high quality induction, coaching and mentoring programmes
• Develop their teaching pedagogy within a culture of collaboration and sharing of best practice
• Receive focussed career planning and professional development advice, which can result in rapid promotion either through direct placement or via secondments
• Work within an organisation that prioritises staff well-being, supports effective planning, preparation and administrative time as well as access to high quality shared resources and the opportunity to work a shorter academic year than most
We reserve the right to close this job advert early if we make an appointment.
West Ewell Primary School and Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.