New Year, New Teaching Opportunity for Reception year within a Village Community
Be part of our creative and passionate team as we plan the next step on our journey, and Grow, Learn and Flourish within GLF Schools.
Merstham Primary School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic, reliable and passionate Early Years Foundation Stage Teacher, ideally with experience on a fixed term contract until 31st August 2022. This is a great opportunity to work with a dedicated team of educational experts within GLF schools to continue to develop an exciting learning environment in collaboration with colleagues, as part of a dynamic and growing multi academy trust.
This is a full-time Fixed term contract role. We are looking for candidates who will work well as part of a team, as well as being self-motivated and work independently.
The successful candidates will be willing and committed to developing and sharing outstanding teaching practise and be passionate about the children's learning and welfare.
About Merstham Primary School
At Merstham Primary School, we want children to be confident lifelong learners. We set high expectations academically and socially and provide a nurturing environment to develop a caring attitude.
Therefore, we want our school to be a place where:
- everyone feels safe, cared for and included;
- all children are given the skills and opportunities to be independent and collaborative learners in a happy, structured, stimulating environment;
- expectations are high, both collectively and individually;
- all children are equipped with the knowledge and skills to choose a healthy, active lifestyle;
- teachers provide school days that excite, challenge and motivate each child;
- our 6 rules are simple, fair, understood and consistent;
- everyone is valued and respected regardless of gender, race, age, religion or ability;
- goals and targets are clearly defined and explained and achievements are celebrated;
- we prepare all our children for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life and equip them to achieve the highest standards possible in everything they do.
What we are looking for
- A Class Teacher with a passion for teaching at primary level
- Experienced Teachers
- Committed to ensuring that all children achieve their very best
- Willing and committed to developing and sharing outstanding teaching practice
- Able to work in partnership with children, parents, staff, governors and the wider community
- Able to challenge children to achieve beyond their expectations
- Able to provide stimulating and engaging experiences for our children and support them in becoming lifelong learners
Why work at Merstham Primary School
- An exciting opportunity to develop a curriculum to meet the needs of local community
- A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast-growing community with excellent transport links
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
- Recognition of previous school continuous service.
- Excellent CPD opportunities
Salary: Main Pay Range £26,948 - £38,174
Hours of work: Full time, fixed term contract that will end 31 August 2022
Closing date for applications – 3rd December 2020
Interview date – 7th December 2020
We would, ordinarily, positively encourage informal visits, however, due to Covid-19 pandemic we are restricting our external visitors to school. If you would like to find out more information or have a query please contact the school directly.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.