Hazel Community Primary School would like to recruit an outstanding, talented and dedicated teacher to join our team. Hazel Community Primary School is located right in the city centre in a beautiful grade 2 listed building which is one of the oldest school buildings still in use in Leicester. We are a two form entry school with pupils from many backgrounds; in particular, we have a high number of EAL pupils with 47 different languages currently spoken in our school!
- 1 full time KS2 class
- MPS or UPS
If you love teaching and would relish the opportunity to develop your career in a supportive, multi- cultural, city centre environment this could be the role for you. If your answer to the following questions is, “Yes!” then you could be just the person we are looking for:
- Do you value every child in your class and put children’s wellbeing and learning at the heart of all you do?
- Are you focused on children making academic progress and determined to overcome barriers?
- Do you have high expectations, a professional attitude and a sense of humour?
- Do you demonstrate personal integrity and believe in doing the right thing?
- Are you resilient, kind and open to professional development?
- Can you support pupils who need a helping hand and challenge those who are ready to fly?
Working for us will give you:
- Wonderful students
- An opportunity to contribute to the development of our exciting setting
- Colleagues who are focused on securing children’s learning and wellbeing
- An environment with moral purpose at its heart and which strives to support a healthy work/ life balance for staff
- Opportunities to develop your career and extend your experience
For an informal chat with the interim Head Teacher about our school and the post, or to arrange to come and have a look around, please contact us via the school office.
We are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of students. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check and fluency in the English language.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children. The post is subject to Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, which include a declaration that they are not a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) and Childcare (Early Years Provision Free of Charge) (Extended Entitlement) (Amendment) Regulations 2018, as well as other necessary checks.