Class teacher – required for summer and autumn terms 2021 to cover a maternity leave in our F1(nursery) class
full time (27.5 hours per week) fixed term position.
Main Scale Points 1-6 (£25,714 up to £36,961 FTE) although candidates on the upper pay scale will be considered
Do you want to make a real difference whilst working in an ambitious school, which seeks to broaden the horizons of its children? Are you enthusiastic about creating a vibrant curriculum that is dedicated to providing motivating learning opportunities, setting unashamedly high expectations and offering engaging experiences?
Burford Primary and Nursery school is seeking to appoint an excellent teaching practitioner who has high expectations of pupil progress and a drive for self-development. We are a happy, pragmatic and creative school passionate about moving all children forward in their learning. If you are seeking an ambitious opportunity to create an inspiring, fun and inclusive learning environment, then we can’t wait to hear from you!
This position is open to both experienced colleagues with excellent subject knowledge and NQTs beginning their teaching career. You will need to demonstrate that you have the potential to become an outstanding practitioner who can motivate and challenge our pupils.
The position is to cover a maternity leave in our F1 (nursery class).
Please see Transform Trust website vacancies for full details.
You are someone who is:
- Creative, positive and motivating with the drive to ‘go above and beyond’ to provide fun, meaningful and purposeful learning opportunities for your class and in a way that is relevant to our community
- A good practitioner with the potential to become outstanding, who has high expectations and a commitment to continuously raise standards and improve our children’s cultural capital
- Knowledgeable about the EYFS curriculum
- Able to communicate an inclusive attitude whilst setting high expectations for all learners
- A reflective practitioner who continues to look for ways to improve their practice and someone who is keen to develop their own leadership through our coaching/mentoring approach
- A team player with good interpersonal and communication skills who looks forward to collaborating with our small-but-friendly team
- Confident when working to develop your own inspiring curriculum for your class, accepting that they must work flexibly to evolve their curriculum over time
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to build on and maintain strong relationships
In return we offer:
- A primary school committed to becoming outstanding with a vibrant atmosphere and team who are willing go the extra mile to develop a curriculum which responds to the passions of both children and teachers
- A happy, supportive, ambitious and inclusive school community led by a senior leadership team committed to maintaining the wellbeing of its children and adults
- Respectful, well behaved children who care for one another and have high aspirations
Ordinarily, we would welcome the opportunity to
invite you into our school for a walk round, and an informal cup of tea and a chat, so that you can decide whether we are the school for you, and you are the right teacher for our children! However, this will not be possible due to COVID restrictions. Heather Chapleo, our Deputy Headteacher, will be organising virtual tours, which will make the best of this tricky situation! They will be an informal opportunity to experience a virtual tour and to have an informal chat over Zoom. Please call the school for more information
To apply: write a letter, of no more than two
pages, outlining why you would be an excellent teacher at Burford. Please also complete the attached application form. Any questions and completed applications should be sent to Sarah Harding at the school
Closing date for applications: 9am on Monday 15th March 2021. Interviews are likely to be held
the following week.
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6700 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derby and Derbyshire. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training. Don't forget to check out our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education.