Required from Autumn term 2021
Main Scale Points 1-6
South Wilford Endowed Church of England Primary School is seeking to appoint an excellent teaching practitioner, initially to teach in Year 6, who has high expectations of pupil progress and a drive for self-development. This role will hold responsibility for leading whole school writing development.
The position will initially be in our Year 6 class but we are looking for a candidate with the skills to teach throughout school.
We are a long established and inclusive school with high ambition for all children and adults. We have a new, rich and diverse curriculum which develops whole child including life skills and emotional well-being alongside academic progress. We are very excited to be developing a digital learning programme with Apple Classroom and we currently have individual iPads for all children in Year 2, 4 and 5 to extend and engage them in their learning.
We have a naturally supportive team who, in the words of a recent external school improvement advisor, “genuinely show warmth and support towards one another.”
We have amazing school grounds which offer extensive opportunities for outdoor learning including Forest Schools, a farm and an expansive woodland area.
We are looking for an inspirational teacher who is committed to creating a stimulating learning environment through excellent classroom practice.
• Be a consistently good / outstanding primary teacher
• Be passionate about teaching and learning and making a difference to every child.
• Care passionately about children and their development whilst still driving forward pupil progress and achievement.
• value a team working approach and be keen to contribute and share your skills with colleagues
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to build on and maintain strong relationships with staff, parents and carers, children, governors and the local and wider community.
In return we offer:
- A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven towards continuously raising standards
- Calm and purposeful learning environments
- Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
- A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
- Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
- Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and we would ask you to contact the school office to arrange a tour.
How to apply
Please download an application form from Transform Trust website
Any questions or queries and completed application forms should be directed to Mrs Heather Stannard in the school office;
South Wilford Endowed C of E Primary School, Main Road, Wilford, Nottingham, NG11 7AL
Closing date for applications: Friday 19th March at 9am
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6700 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derby and Derbyshire. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools. We are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
• Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
• Trust support networks
• Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
• Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
• Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film
All school roles are classed as regulated activity and as such, it is an offence to apply for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children
Transform Trust and its schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, Enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education.