Class Teacher: Year 6 and KS2 Leader
Start date: 1st September 2021
Hours: Full time
Salary: £25,714 - £41,604 + TLR2 (£2,873) per annum – salary within this pay range only, to be agreed at interview
This is a temporary contract to cover maternity leave until 31/08/22 or the post holders return if earlier. Secondments will be considered prior to the applicant checking with their governing body that they would be prepared to release them and the contract would terminate on 31/08/22 if the maternity teacher were to return early.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, dedicated and highly motivated teacher to work in our happy school. The vacancy will be in Year 6 Recent or current experience of other Key Stage 2 year groups could be an advantage. Please state both your curriculum area of interest in your application along with your relevant experience. We are interested hear from applicants who have an interest and experience in developing curriculum design. You will be expected to work closely alongside the rest of the team in the Key Stage to lead and manage in areas such as assessment and moderation; coordination of whole Key Stage events and to liaise directly with the SLT regarding school development priorities
We are looking for a teacher who is:
• An excellent classroom practitioner with high expectations of self and others
• Catholic or supportive of our Christian mission and ethos
• Respectful and encouraging of children and listens to their ideas
• Creative in their teaching
• Kind, joyful, caring and proud of what the children do and achieve
• Able to show empathy to the learning needs of all children
• Committed to working as part of a team
We can offer you:
• A happy, caring and vibrant learning environment
• Well-behaved children who are eager to learn
• A Christ-centred school
• Highly-effective and hardworking staff
• Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development
• Children taught in smaller groups for part of the week
• A committed Governing Body
• “It is an inclusive and welcoming school where pupils and their families, from all faiths and none, are warmly invited into the school community” Section 48 2017
• “The prayer life provided by the school is outstanding. It is fully inclusive and joyful. Prayer punctuates the school day and is part of every celebration” Section 48 2017
• “Pupils typically behave well, both in class and at breaktime. They take pride in their work.” OFSTED Oct 19
• “Pupils know, understand and demonstrate the values that underpin the ‘St Paul’s Way’. They know right from wrong and show compassion for others.” OFSTED Oct 19
• Applicants are warmly invited and encouraged to visit the school to meet our staff and children. Please contact the School Office to arrange an appointment. Covid restrictions are in place and we liaise with you to arrange an individual tour
• IF YOU ARE APPLYING FOR A SECONDMENT POSITION PLEASE MAKE THIS CLEAR IN YOUR APPLICATION.
Informal telephone conversations with the head teacher are also very welcome.
You can also visit our website for the job description and application form, under School Information, Vacancies. PLEASE NOTE APPLICATIONS MUST BE ON THE APPROPRIATE CATHOLIC EDUCATION SERVICE (CES) APPLICATION FORM.
Closing date: Thursday 22nd April at 9am, followed by shortlisting on Friday 23rd April 2021
After shortlisting, successfully shortlisted candidates will be informed of the arrangements and tasks for interview.
Interview date: Wk Beginning 26th April.
References will be taken up by email prior to interview so please include this information for your referees as well as contact telephone numbers for them.
St Paul’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
St Paul's Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.