Full- time class teacher vacancy, permanent post
Main Pay Scale/ UPS post
Required for 1st September 2021
Unlocking Every Child’s Potential
We have an exciting opportunity for a teacher who is attracted to the challenges and opportunities that working as part of the Hunslet Moor community brings. Hunslet Moor Primary School is located a short distance from Leeds city centre and draws from a unique and culturally diverse community. Our children are keen to learn, showing genuine enthusiasm and spirit.
We would welcome applications from candidates who would like to work within our key stage two team. We have a proven track record of supporting teachers at different stages of their career. Therefore, we welcome applications from NQTs and experienced teachers alike. Specific teaching commitments and subject responsibilities will be tailored to the skills and experience of the successful candidates. Please ensure you state your specific strengths and expertise clearly in your application.
We are looking for a teacher who is:
• Innovative and highly motivated to inspire, enthuse and challenge children.
• Proven to have high expectations for behaviour, achievement and progress, with a real commitment to inclusion.
• Dedicated to their own development and that of others, with a drive to ensure all children achieve their full potential.
• Has a desire to work as a proactive and co-operative team member.
• Excited to join a supportive, positive and forward thinking team, who strive to improve the quality of education and the opportunities we can offer our pupils.
• A passion for leading a curriculum subject.
If you wish to be considered for a position on a job-share basis, please clearly indicate this on your application.
We can offer:
• Creative and supportive colleagues who actively promote the vision and aims of the school.
• Exceptional CPD and the real opportunity to further your teaching career, including leadership and management experience.
• Enthusiastic and engaging children who are proud of their school.
• Supportive parents, strong community links and an active and committed governing body.
Unfortunately, due to covid restrictions we are not able to facilitate visits prior to submitting an application form. However, to give candidates a feel for the school, please visit the recruitment section of our website where you will find a video tour and further information about the school.
As part of the interview process, a comprehensive tour of the school will take place for shortlisted candidates.
If you would like further information or a conversation prior to submitting an application, please email the Office Manager, Kelly Waddington, with your contact details and a brief description of your enquiry. (Please see how to apply section for full details)
Closing date: 5pm on Sunday 18th April 2021
Shortlisting: Wednesday 21stth April 2021
Interviews to take place across Wednesday 28th April 2021, Thursday 29th 2021 and Friday 30th April 2021
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We embed the promotion of British Values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs into our school and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We promote diversity and want a workforce that reflects the population of Leeds.
The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. The details of the DBS Code of Conduct can be found in the how to apply section.
Hunslet Moor Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.