Details of Post/Salary: Class teacher KS1/2
Salary Range: M1 £25714 – M6 £36691 (Temporary – Initially 1 Year Contract)
Required for: September 2021
Closing Date: Friday 16th April 2021
Shortlisting: Monday 19th April/Tuesday 20th April 2021
Interviews: Thursday 22nd April/Friday 23rd April 2021
Application forms: Telephone (8.00am to 3.45pm) or email School.
Forms can also be downloaded from the school website Click the ‘Work at Webster’ tab.
An opportunity has arisen within our successful and highly skilled team. We are looking for a consistently humble, resilient and enthusiastic Qualified Teacher to join our teaching staff.
• Believe that teaching is a vocation and be particularly passionate about education in an urban setting.
• Hold a moral commitment to learning and achievement across a broad primary curriculum.
• Embrace high expectations of learning and behaviour and be committed to engaging pupils with teaching which produces accelerated pupil progress.
• Possess an unswerving belief in reflection, collaboration, teamwork and feedback.
• Demonstrate outstanding communication/people skills and unlimited good humour.
We can offer
• Diverse, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic pupils.
• A vibrant, forward-thinking school rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted in October 2019, for the fourth inspection in a row.
• The inspection noted Webster’s warm and welcoming atmosphere, respectful pupils, and exemplary behaviour.
• A single academy which currently holds the Artsmark Platinum, RRSA Silver, International Schools Award, Diamond Cultural Diversity Quality Standard and Diamond Parental Engagement Quality Standard.
• We have a long established commitment to the arts and an outward facing, rich curriculum, developed over many years, which fosters pupils’ creativity and love of learning. (Ofsted)
• Unique and embedded creative partnerships with organisations such as the Manchester Camerata orchestra, Z-Arts and the National Holocaust Centre and Museum.
• An outstanding track record of mentoring and supporting NQT’s. 60% of our current teachers are or were NQT’s here. ‘Teachers new to the profession said that the support they get from mentors and senior leaders is valuable and helps them to improve their teaching.’ (Ofsted)
• A highly collaborative staff team with a genuine commitment to peer support and excellent CPD, including opportunities for collaborative working across our Heart of Manchester partnership of schools.
• A building which has undergone a complete refurbishment and re-modelling to provide a modern, high quality teaching and learning environment both inside and outside. This includes a new classroom block, library, Music Room and offices all opened during 2018 and 2019.
• Large, mature grounds with an all-weather pitch, eco-garden and adventure play trails.
• Engaged, involved and ambitious parents.
Webster Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.