Class Teacher - Millbrook Primary School
Post Ref: EPT0583.2
Grade: TMS, M2 – UPS 3, £27,018 - £41,604
Closing Date: 23 April 2021
Post No. EPT0583.2 - Class Teacher - Millbrook Primary School
This post will commence on: 1st September 2021 and is a permanent post
The Governing Body of Millbrook Primary School requires an experienced excellent, enthusiastic primary class teacher who is passionate about teaching and learning and will work with the leadership team to move the school forward.
We are looking for somebody who will:
- love working in this busy, inclusive and happy primary school
- help us to promote our vision for the school into the future
- place high emphasis on developing quality positive and enriching oracy experiences
- be a highly organised individual who can lead support staff to enable the best learning opportunities for all children.
- develop thinking and learning in an enquiring indoor and outdoor classroom.
- meet standards while ensuring learning is creative for all children
- support extra curricular activities and contribute to the wider life of the school
- be part of a team and be able to liaise effectively with outside agencies
- has a good understanding of Key Skills and other recent curriculum developments
- has excellent positive Assertive Behaviour Management skills
Is this you? Then we want to hear from you. In return we can offer:-
- a vast amount of in-house support and development from highly skilled and talented practitioners.
- many opportunities for continuing professional development.
- an excellent well-resourced working environment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Check (formerly CRB).
THIS POST REQUIRES YOU TO BE REGISTERED WITH THE EWC.
Please contact the Head Teacher, Mrs Lindsey Watkins, for any further information or if you would like to visit the school.
Closing date: Friday, 23rd April 2021
Shortlisting: Wednesday, 28th April 2021
Lesson observations during the week commencing 3rd May 2021
If successful, interviews will then take place Monday 10th May 2021
Successful candidates will be invited to interview.
To find out more about working for Newport City Council and to apply, visit our website.
Newport City Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.