Southglade Primary & Nursery School are looking for two enthusiastic and committed class teachers to join our hard-working, dedicated and friendly team from August 31st 2021.
Due to the maternity leave of two of our staff members, a fantastic opportunity has risen for two excellent practitioners to join our fabulous team. The positions are initially temporary for one year with the potential that at least one (if not both) of the positions will be made permanent. Both roles would be suitable for an NQT or experienced teacher and we are able to offer some flexibility in key stage and year group based on the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
Southglade is an Ofsted rated Good school that is committed to our children and families and is a “caring and exciting place to learn and grow.”
We are looking for a candidate who:
• is passionate about teaching and learning and developing a love for learning in children
• has high expectations of pupils’ achievement and behaviour
• has passion and energy in the classroom and is committed to making a difference to pupils’ lives
• has the skills to work collaboratively within a team
• can build positive relationships with pupils, staff and parents
• has a commitment to continuing professional development
In return, we will offer the successful candidates:
• a positive working environment where everyone is valued
• an environment where good behaviour and good manners are a priority
• a supportive Senior Leadership team
• an ethos of mutual respect where we listen to and value all contributions
• high quality professional support and development
• a full NQT / RQT induction and mentoring package
• dedicated PPA and NQT time
Visits to the school are encouraged (in line with Covid-19 guidelines). Please contact the school office or email the headteacher to arrange an appointment or to discuss the post and find out all that Southglade Primary can offer you.
Also visit our wonderful website which will you give you a glimpse inside our brilliant school and allow you to see the type of school we are and the wonderful things we offer.
We are looking for the best candidates for our school so the key stage and year group will be decided after appointment to reflect the successful candidate’s strengths and expertise. If you have a preferred key stage (EYFS, KS 1 or KS 2) please indicate this in your letter of interest. We also encourage you to refer to the job description and person specification, demonstrating your suitability for the role in your application.
Safeguarding Recruitment statement
Southglade Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 5th May 2021 (extended due to change of interview date)
Shortlisting will take place on Thursday 6th May 2021
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 11th May 2021
Southglade Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.