The Headteacher and Governors of Cookridge Holy Trinity are looking to appoint a conscientious, committed and enthusiastic teacher to join our hardworking, dedicated and supportive teaching team at this popular and successful Church of England (Aided) school. We are looking for someone who can ensure children make exceptional progress through providing exciting provision, practical learning and new experiences.
The successful candidate will be able to inspire children to learn and develop their social and emotional skills.
We would also like someone who maximises every opportunity for learning and has an excellent understanding of how children learn and develop.
We are a vibrant, and welcoming Church of England Voluntary Aided primary school providing opportunities for every child to succeed within a distinctive Christian character.
Cookridge Holy Trinity is an exciting school where teaching talent is recognised, nurtured and encouraged to flourish. We would welcome applications from outstanding newly qualified teachers or experienced teachers.
The successful candidate will be:
• An outstanding experienced or Newly Qualified Teacher;
• Resilient, passionate, ambitious and ready to inspire a generation of children Innovative and creative, able to bring new ideas and teaching strategies to their class and phase team;
• Able to work independently, taking responsibility for the pupils in their care and as part of a phase team contributing to and having impact on the wider success of the school;
• Able to build on our excellent relationships with parents, church, other schools and our wider community;
• Sympathetic to the Christian Foundation of our school.
We can offer you:
• Happy, confident children who enjoy learning and achieve well;
• Talented, dedicated, hard working and caring staff;
• A fully supportive and active Governing Body;
• Supportive parents;
• A welcoming, friendly, well resourced school.
If you feel you have the enthusiasm and commitment to contribute to the on going development of this successful, friendly and supportive church school, we would like to hear from you. This job is full time and permanent and is for next academic year starting in September 2021.
Closing date: Friday 7th May 12 noon.
Selection process for successful candidates: Thursday 13th May.
Interview Date: Tuesday 25th May.
References will be requested for those short-listed ONLY and prior to interview. Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Appointments are made subject to an Enhanced DBS Check. Cookridge Holy Trinity Church of England (VA) Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
This post is considered to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The school therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the person specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages. The school is committed to equality and diversity in employment practice and service delivery.
Cookridge Holy Trinity Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.