Full Time Class Teacher (MPS M2-M6)
Start Date: 1 September 2021
NQTs Considered: No
The Governors at St Martin’s Garden Primary School are seeking to appoint a talented, enthusiastic and full-time Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2 teacher. The person appointed will possess: excellent knowledge of the curriculum; have a proven track record in the teaching of phonics and reading; possess high quality teaching skills, along with good communication and teamwork skills and demonstrate a desire to support continuous school improvement and their own professional development.
We welcome applications from experienced teachers who are supportive of the aims and vision of our school and who have a proven ability as an outstanding teacher.
At St Martin’s Garden Primary School:
- we have high ambitions and aspirations for our learning community
- we value children above all else and believe in partnership working
- we respect all children and each other as individuals
- we have a learning environment that is inclusive and celebrates children’s successes
- we believe that building relationships is the key to success
- we have a dedicated leadership team
- we believe in providing a happy, safe and positive environment in which creativity, personal development and a love of learning will flourish.
We seek a teacher who:
- will share in our vision and ethos of high ambitions and nurture
- shares our values of Joy, Honesty, Respect, Kindness and Forgiveness
- has a passion for education and is willing to challenge themselves to be an excellent practitioner
- has high expectations and works to ensure that all children succeed in their learning
- enjoys taking an active role as part of the whole school and community
- has the potential and capability to develop their career
We can offer:
- enthusiastic, well behaved and talented pupils who are eager to learn
- a supportive, talented and highly motivated team of staff who are collaborative who aspire, reach out and collectively ensure all achieve.
- Access to exciting professional development through our school and the wider Palladian Academy Trust.
- A leadership team who are committed to improving our school further.
Visits: Socially distanced visits after school are warmly welcomed; our staff would be delighted to meet you before the formal interview process. Please telephone the school office on 01225-832112 if you would like to visit us.
Applications: Please submit completed application form online or post to: Head teacher, St Martin’s Garden Primary School, Lympsham Green, Odd Down, Bath, BA2 2UN
Completed application forms should also include a letter of application demonstrating how you meet the person specification.
Closing Date: Wednesday 12th May. Successful applicants will be informed on Thursday 13th May.
Interviews: Tuesday 18th and Friday 21st May.
Our School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. As part of this commitment anyone working in a post with children or vulnerable groups will be expected to undertake an Enhanced DBS check with/without barred list checks.
As this post involves working within one of these groups, we will require a Disclosure & Barring Service check and/or subscription to the DBS online service. The suitability of all prospective employees or volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment.
St Martin’s Garden Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our safer recruiting policy requires an enhanced DBS check prior to taking up post