We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and creative classroom practitioner to join our friendly, hardworking and supportive team in this popular village school on a full-time basis. We are looking for a motivated and dedicated teacher who has vision and imagination, who is both passionate about children’s learning and committed to high standards of achievement. This would be an excellent opportunity for someone with teaching experience to make a change in their career and join our school. NQTs are welcome to apply, and school visits are encouraged.
We offer an ambitious and creative place to work with leaders who are happy to assist and support the right candidate in achieving their professional goals. We work collaboratively with other local schools in different ways and are constantly on the look-out for opportunities to enhance our provision. We are keen to know what new teachers could bring to support us with this!
- have qualified teacher status
- aspire to be an excellent classroom practitioner
- have a clear understanding of the provision necessary for successful learning and teaching
- be able to provide a stimulating, organised and educationally rich learning environment
- have a commitment to high expectations and target setting to ensure continuing improvement
- be able to use assessment as a tool to aid future learning
- have personal presence and confidence, warmth and sensitivity, flexibility and maturity of approach, enthusiasm and a sense of humour.
- have the ability to communicate effectively and positively with pupils, colleagues and parents
- be ready to drive school improvement through contributions to teams across the school
- be willing to contribute to the range of extracurricular activities offered by the school
- enjoy working as part of hard working, dedicated and fun team
We can offer the successful candidate
- a school with beautiful grounds situated within a wonderful village setting
- a school where staff enjoy work as part of a team, supporting each other in a variety of ways
- a curriculum which is creative and topic-based in approach
- a spacious, well decorated and well-resourced classroom
- excellent indoor learning environments with an ICT suite, art studio, kitchen and music suite
- exciting outdoor learning environments with a variety of wildlife areas, a Nurture Farm, a Writing Shed, a pond and a huge expanse of field for both learning and playing
- dedicated 10% release time with year group colleague with access to a well-resourced PPA room
- a commitment to professional development
- a full, statutory induction period underpinned by the Early Career Framework for Newly Qualified Teachers.
Salary: dependent on experience
Closing date: 19th May 2021 at midday
Shortlisting: 21st May 2021
Interviews: 25th May 2021
Start date: 1 September 2021
Pirbright Village Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS and satisfactory written references will be required for this appointment.
Pirbright Village Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.