We would especially welcome applications from Early Career Teachers
SS Peter and Paul Catholic Primary School is a vibrant and aspirational establishment with a positive approach to learning and behaviour. The school works in partnership with the Merton Deanery Catholic schools, Teach Wimbledon, the Mitcham Town Community Trust and Attain, the Merton education partnership; we have also introduced the Thrive approach into the school. We have offered school to school support in developing CPA mathematical approaches and have also supported schools in the best use of teaching assistants. We enjoy good transport links to Wimbledon, Sutton, Croydon, Tooting, London Bridge and London Victoria.
We are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and passionate teacher who will enable the children at our school to thrive and progress, in order to take their place in society. The teacher will place a clear focus upon ensuring the very best standards of teaching, so as to enabling the best impact upon the children’s learning, whether this be academic, personal or spiritual.
In addition, we can offer you the following:
• a friendly and welcoming team
• a co-constructed curriculum that is based upon children’s interests;
• a clear focus upon using available educational research to raise standards;
• a well-connected and collaboratively-minded school;
• a strong and committed local authority; and
• an attractive Inner London salary.
We wish to appoint:
• a practising Catholic and/or someone who is willing to support the school’s Catholic ethos;
• someone who is a successful classroom practitioner with a strong record of success;
• a practitioner to lead children’s learning with energy and enthusiasm;
• someone who cares about children’s learning, behaviour and their emotional wellbeing;
• a great team player with high standards and a positive outlook.
If you require further details and/or a further discussion about how you could be part of our school’s teaching team, please arrange for a conversation with the school’s leaders – contact Finoula Quinn, School Business Manager to arrange a visit or request an application pack.
Interview Date: Thursday 27th May 2021
All Merton schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.