We are looking for a great teacher who is an excellent classroom practitioner and who will bring energy and enthusiasm to our team from 1st September 2021, to teach in a Key Stage 2 class for two days a week.
The successful candidate can expect ongoing support and training within school from members of the leadership team. There will be the opportunity, for the right candidate, to lead a subject, which would involve training and non-contact time.
Upper Horfield is a small school with a big heart. We are a vibrant and forward thinking school. We have a highly skilled and passionate staff who are committed to providing the highest quality of education and care for our children.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- Is an excellent classroom practitioner
- Is determined to ensure all children make consistently good or better progress
- Is an enthusiastic and creative team player
The successful candidate will be part of a school that:
- Has hard working, enthusiastic pupils
- Encourages creative, engaging and relevant learning
- Offers great opportunities for staff development
- Allows teachers to focus their time on teaching
Main Pay Scale (grade 1-4 starting point)
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Evidence of being a very good teacher
- High expectations of the children you teach and of yourself professionally
- Excellent knowledge of the primary curriculum including the ability to meet a broad range of needs
- A willingness to be part of a committed team and to play a full part in school life.
- Excellent understanding and use of assessment in order to accelerate progress for all pupils
- Evidence of good knowledge of ICT in raising standards
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged.
The school places the highest priority on the safeguarding and protection of its pupils. This post is subject to a satisfactory DBS enhanced disclosure.
Upper Horfield Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.