Teacher: £25,714 – £36,961 per annum – Salary within this pay range only to be agreed at interview.
Hours: This is a part time post for 19.5hrs a week (Wednesday, Thursday and Fridays)
This is a fixed term post until 31st August 2022 to cover the temporary reduction in hours of another employee.
‘St. Stephen’s Cof E Junior School is a place where teachers make lessons inspiring, motivating and relevant. Pupils thrive in all aspects of their learning.’ Ofsted September 2015
St Stephen’s C of E Juniors is a large school in Kingswood which is an urban area in South Gloucestershire and close to the City of Bristol border. It has a varied intake of children – 29% are Pupil Premium, 19% are on the SEN register and the majority come from white British families. The school was judged to be outstanding in all areas during its last Ofsted inspection in September 2015.
Our school intent is ‘Learning to change the World’.
In order to meet this intent, our curriculum is based on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals which, together with our journey to be a Rights Respecting School, enables our pupils to engage in current issues that affect the world and create solutions for their futures.
All our learning is underpinned by our school values of justice, mercy and humility which derive from Micah 6:8
‘Act justly, love mercy and walk humbly with your God.’
Teaching and learning are our passion. We believe that every child has the right to an outstanding education and that we will do our very best to ensure this is provided. We are doing this through:
● Quality First Teaching supported by highly effective Assessment for Learning;
● An oracy curriculum to enable pupils to articulate ideas, develop understanding and engage with others through spoken language;
● Developing the children’s love of reading and writing through carefully selected high quality text;
● Igniting children’s enthusiasm for maths by using methods promoted in Shanghai, the Concrete, Pictorial and Abstract (CPA) and the use of hinge questioning to teach and learn this subject;
● Instilling the belief that everyone can learn through focusing on Growth Mindset, becoming ‘Purple Learners’, collaboration and metacognition;
● Using THRIVE as an approach to support the development of pupils social and emotional learning;
● Having a proactive approach to developing awareness of mental health, well-being and mindfulness for both pupils and staff,
● Working within the Venture Hub as part of the South Glos. Learning Alliance to share best practice and further develop our staff with other forward thinking schools.
In return, we will provide quality CPD and opportunities to develop in your role though our Growing Great Teachers performance management approach and a committed, fun team to work with
We are looking for class teachers who are committed to raising achievement for all children and are willing to embrace St. Stephen’s exciting approaches to teaching and learning. In return, we can offer a welcoming school with a dedicated team who would relish the opportunity of working with new teachers. An appointment at St Stephen’s would come with the guarantees of high quality training, support and the opportunity to be part of an exciting environment where thinking is definitely outside the box!
The successful candidate must have experience of teaching in KS2 (or at least Year 2). Experience of teaching Year 6 is desirable but not essential.
If successful, interviews will take place on Friday 21st May 2021
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Closing date for applications is Friday 17th May at 12pm.
St Stephen's Church of England Junior School, Soundwell is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.