Inspirational experienced Class teacher, Balham, Wandsworth, South West London
Employer: Rutherford House School
Salary: Main Scale
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
Suitable for NQTs: No
Start date: Thursday 2nd September 2021
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational and experienced teacher, who will support the school in its pursuit of developing lifelong learners who leave embodying our School and Trust values.
What do we offer you?
• Children who are happy, well behaved and have a desire to learn. Our children are confident, articulate and future leaders
• The opportunity to teach a curriculum that develops awe and wonder (Big Bang topic launches and end of topic celebrations), curiosity (Thinking skills and Philosophy for Children) and explanation (our bespoke version of Maths Mastery and Talk for Writing)
• A focus on a work-life balance; with reduced marking and planning expectations
• Additional weekly release time for class assessment and leadership development
• Excellent peer support and social opportunities from our outstanding, forward thinking team and across our 7 Trust schools
• A focus on the professional development of all staff and the possibility of a TLR for the right candidate
What do we want from you?
• Commitment to deliver our School and Trust vision and values
• A reflective practitioner, with a strong desire to raising standards and igniting a love of learning
• A passion for teaching and the belief in sharing best practice to inspire and motivate others
• Enjoyment of working in a forward thinking, fast pace and developing school
If you want to help children learn, enjoy and succeed and have the ambition and enthusiasm to work in partnership with us, we would love to hear from you.
Tours of the School will be on Monday 16th June at 9.00am, where you will have the opportunities to meet with Mrs Mallett (Headteacher).
Further information about the school can be found on our website.
Closing date: Friday 18th June (12 noon)
Interview date: TBC
As part of BPET and Rutherford House’s commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, all employees employed within schools are required to undergo an enhanced DBS check. Rutherford House School welcomes a diverse population of both children and staff and committed to promoting and developing equality of opportunity in all its functions.
Rutherford House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.