Hours of work: Full time
Contract type: Temporary - maternity cover
Commencement date: 4th January 2022
Sherston is a thriving village Primary rated Good by Ofsted in 2021. We are seeking to appoint a creative and committed teacher to teach our YR/1 class during the maternity leave of the current teacher.
We are looking for someone to join our friendly and supportive team who:
- Is an outstanding teacher with high expectations of children's attainment and progress
- Is willing and confident to take on the responsibility for subject leadership
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and enjoys working as part of a team
- Will work effectively with all stakeholders, and particularly parents
- Ideally has had experience of mixed age teaching and / or EYFS and Y1
In return we offer:
- A unique school set in beautiful grounds, in a modern purpose built building, with on site parking, in the heart of a pretty Cotswold village
- Joyful, enthusiastic children with a love of learning
- A strongly committed and united staff
- A supportive school community, including parents and governors
- Close ties to the local parish
- A supportive leadership team
Sherston village is located in the the north-west of Wiltshire, bordering Gloucestershire to the north and South Gloucestershire to the west. Sherston is about 5 miles from both Malmesbury and Tetbury and only 15 minutes from M4 J17 (Chippenham) and J18 (Bath). The village has been listed in the top 5 villages in the country to live by the Sunday Times and featured in Channel 4’s Village of the Year series in 2018.
Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit please contact the School Business Manager, Mrs Sarah Mackrill on 01666-840237.
Closing date (and time): Monday 1st November 2021 midday
Interview date: Friday 5th November 2021
Sherston CofE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
Sherston CofE Primary Schoolis committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.