Start date: 4th February 2022
Hours: 13 hours per week (Thursday and Friday)
Salary: £25,714 - £36,961 per annum pro rata (Salary within this pay range only to be agreed at interview)
This is a temporary post to cover maternity leave until 3rd February 2023 or post holder’s return if earlier
We are looking for an outstanding and enthusiastic Y6 teacher to work alongside another Y6 teacher in a job share role for 2x days a week while the class teacher steps up to become SENDco as a year’s maternity cover.
Required from 4th February 2022 to job share with a fantastic teacher to cover a maternity leave. You will be working as part of a 2 form entry Year 6 team, amongst superb practitioners both within the Year 6 team and across the school. We are looking for an enthusiastic Year 6 practitioner to join this large and successful school. The successful candidate will be joining a staff team that is forward-thinking, dynamic and exceptionally supportive. As this is a two form entry school, you will be required to work alongside another practitioner in a parallel class as teacher of a Year 6 class and the person with whom you will share the class will be on site, in the role of SENDco as a maternity cover. This post is temporary as explained above.
You will be joining a vibrant community that promotes our values as can be seen on our website.
Longwell Green is an extremely popular, very good school who has achieved very well in OFSTED and is held in high regard in the community and the county. We have superb pupils, supportive parents and a great team here at Longwell Green.
A passion for Learning & Teaching is essential with all subject interests & skills considered. Ours is a popular school; you will be part of a dedicated and skilled team, who care about and enjoy their jobs, and who are supportive of one another.
We are looking for a colleague who:
• Has experience of teaching Year 6,
• Is an excellent practitioner and team player,
• Has high expectations for all pupils and be committed to raising attainment and progress,
• A record of good/outstanding practice in a primary setting,
• The ability to raise the attainment of pupils under their charge, meeting individual needs through exciting and innovative teaching methods,
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team,
• Is able to work well as part of a team,
• Is willing to contribute to the wider life of the school.
We can offer you:
• A happy school with a great team of staff where people enjoy coming to work,
• A passionate, enthusiastic and talented team to work alongside.
• Happy, kind and engaged pupils who are well behaved and love to learn, A governing board that is experienced, proactive and supportive,
• Supportive parents and carers who want their children to succeed and are eager to engage with School,
• A welcoming and inclusive school with care and moral values at its core and where and every person is valued,
• The chance to work closely with partners such as The Alliance group of schools (including Redfield Edge, Cadbury Heath, Courtney, Broadway Infants, The Ridge Juniors and New Horizons Learning Centre) and Bath Spa University amongst other links.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed at the following times:
#1 Tuesday 19th October 5.30pm,
#2 Tuesday 2nd November 5.00pm,
#3 Wednesday 3rd November 5.30pm,
#4 Thursday 4th November 5.00 pm.
We ask that all visitors show proof of a negative LFT and wear a mask on the tour. Thank you for your support.
Please telephone or e-mail the school office if you would like to arrange a visit.
You can also visit our website
Closing Date: 9am, Friday November 5th 2021
Shortlisting: Friday November 5th 2021
Interviews: Friday November 12th 2021
Longwell Green Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates for vacant posts are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including a DBS disclosure check.
Some roles may need to comply with the ‘Childcare Act 2006’ and the ‘Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009’ where additional disclosure of information will be required.
Longwell Green Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.