TY SIGN PRIMARY SCHOOL
TEMPORARY TEACHER (YEAR 1)
GRADE: MPS - U03
Contract – temporary (Spring and Summer term of 2022 only)
Start date: 1st January 2022
End date: 27th July 2022
Ty Sign Primary School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, engaging and creative teacher for a Year 1 class on an interim and temporary basis. The successful candidate will work with the existing teaching team and the Senior Leadership Team at our friendly and inclusive school to develop and provide high quality teaching, learning and support for pupils.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
▪ Evidence of successful relevant teaching experience including teaching practice.
▪ Good understanding of effective curriculum planning, assessment and target setting approaches.
▪ Knowledge of ‘A Curriculum for Wales’ and its implications on teaching and learning.
▪ Knowledge and experience of using digital technologies to support teaching and learning.
▪ Knowledge and experience of effective and inclusive behaviour management strategies.
▪ Thorough understanding of safeguarding and child protection processes and procedures.
In return we can offer you:
• A fantastically resourced school
• Excellent levels of support
• A wealth of PL opportunities
• An extremely supportive and friendly team
• Amazing children who take great pride in their school
• Shared PPA time with your year group team
You are welcome to submit your application form in English or in Welsh. Each application will be treated equally.
Closing Date: Thursday 11th November 2021
Shortlisting: Thursday 18th November 2021
Interviews: Monday 29th and/or Tuesday 30th November 2021
We are legally obliged to ask you to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. If you are invited to interview, you will be asked to provide appropriate documents such as your birth certificate/passport/work permit in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and a comprehensive screening process will be undertaken on all applicants. This will include an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Ty Sign Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.