Posts – full time and permanent from August 2022
The Governing Body are seeking to appoint class teachers who are passionate about learning and committed to high quality creative teaching. We are looking for people who have high moral commitment to the learning and achievement of all pupils, and a desire to work collaboratively. The successful candidates will have the drive and enthusiasm to support the school on its journey to outstanding. Wolsey House Primary School is an exciting, dynamic place to work and can offer great opportunities to the right candidates.
This is a full-time position for class teachers starting in August 2022. We are a friendly and supportive team who are committed to developing pupils’ potential in a caring, professional environment.
Wolsey House is a happy school which received ‘GOOD’ in the OFSTED inspection in September 2016. We currently have 606 pupils on role in 21 classes. There are no mixed aged classes. We have a Nursery. We are a school of choice in North West Leicester and we are within commutable distance of Coventry, Nottingham, Derby and Loughborough. The school is close to the M1 motorway.
We would welcome applications from both ECTs and experienced teachers. We have an excellent record of supporting new and recently qualified teachers.
For ECTs the position would be confirmed as permanent on completion of successful Induction years.
We can offer you:
- enthusiastic, friendly children, who have a positive attitude to school life and are keen to learn
- an effective and supportive headteacher
- a dedicated leadership team, who are committed to supporting and developing colleagues
- supportive parents/carers
- a commitment to pupil progress and attainment
- high quality CPD and professional development
- a positive ‘can do’ ethos
- the support of a very hard working, talented team, who welcome new challenges
- a well-resourced school, excellent ICT resources. More technology so you can make more of an impact. With Microsoft cloud services and online learning portals you have access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. Those tools enhance collaboration and along with fully tech-enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin.
- strong links and partnerships with local schools and the wider learning community
We are looking for people who:
- are committed to school improvement and raising levels of pupil achievement
- are reflective practitioners, with the ability to plan strategically
- can demonstrate excellent organisational, communication and inter-personal skills with colleagues and parents/carers
- will share and support the school’s ethos, and have energy and commitment to all aspects of school life
- have high expectations of learning and behaviour
- are committed to inclusion, and have a caring and adaptable approach in supporting children of all abilities
- have a desire and passion to make a real difference to the lives and life-chances of our children
- have a positive attitude and is a good team player and committed to the wider life of school
The successful candidates would take up post on Thursday 25th August 2022.
Completed application forms should be returned to Helen King by 12 noon on Thursday 10th February 2022.
Shortlisting: on the 11th February 2022 – I will contact shortlisted candidates initially by phone and interview letters will follow via email. If you do not hear from us please assume that you were unsuccessful on this occasion.
Lesson Observation and Interview: Either Thursday 24th or Friday 25th February 2022 – more information will be given to shortlisted candidates.
Visits to the school to meet the headteacher are welcomed. Please contact Mrs Helen Green on O116 266 7566 to arrange a suitable time to meet Mrs. King.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check. CVs will not be accepted.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.