NINIAN PARK PRIMARY SCHOOL
Age range: 3-11 NOR: 650 (including 64 FTE in Nursery)
Headteacher: Miss J. Scott
Class Teacher – Year 3
Main pay scale
Part time 0.4 (12.96 hours Thursday and Friday)
Temporary (Maternity Cover)
March 2022 – December 2022
Age Range: 3-11
The Head Teacher and Governors are seeking to appoint enthusiastic and innovative teacher to join our dedicated team. Ninian Park Primary School, situated in the Grangetown area of Cardiff, is a richly multicultural, highly transient and vibrant community school.
We have exciting opportunity for a class teacher who:
• Is an excellent classroom practitioner who inspires all children to reach their full potential through high quality learning experiences
• has high expectations of themselves and of our children
• can create a motivating learning environment
• is able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of the primary curriculum, numeracy and literacy framework and the skills framework
• is prepared to contribute to the wider curriculum of our school
• is prepared to lead an area of learning and experience as we begin to implement the All New Wales Curriculum
In return we can offer you:
• the opportunity to become part of our highly motivated team
• a positive team ethos with a dedicated and supportive staff
• interested and enthusiastic pupils who want to learn
• opportunities for continued professional development
• the support of a committed Governing Body.
We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates who share our commitment to developing a school where all children achieve their potential and more, in a nurturing and supportive environment.
This post is part of a job share.
Under the Education (Wales) Act 2014, all School Learning Support Workers must be registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC).
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this post on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Due to the current COVID -19 circumstances the interview process for this role will be held on a virtual basis using an appropriate online platform. If you have any concerns around your ability to participate in a virtual interview process please contact Miss Scott, Headteacher for a discussion.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Completed application forms should be returned via email only to FAO Miss Scott, The Headteacher by 9 a.m. 11th February 2022.
Closing Date and shortlisting: 11th February 2022
Lesson Observations/Interviews: 17th February 2022
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.