Location: West Ewell Primary School and Nursery, Ruxley Lane, Epsom KT19 0UY
Salary: London Fringe, scale to match experience
Start Date: 1st September 2022
We have an exciting, permanent, full-time opportunity for a Class Teacher at West Ewell Primary School and Nursery from September 2022. We are looking to appoint an innovative, inspirational and outstanding teacher.
Our vision at West Ewell Primary School and Nursery: To provide exceptional standards of teaching and care for our pupils, which fosters ambition, self-belief, and a love of learning that stays with them for life.
We are an inclusive, culturally diverse, thriving, happy and oversubscribed 2-form entry school which has been rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in its previous two inspections. We have a nurturing environment and put emotional wellbeing at the forefront of what we do.
Our staff are ambitious and forward thinking; we invest in the professional development of every member of the school community and have a talented and dedicated team of teachers and learning assistants who work across the school to support, guide and challenge all children so they reach their full potential.
West Ewell Primary School and Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments will be made subject to Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service approval (DBS) as part of our rigorous approach to safeguarding our children.
You are warmly invited to visit our school; please contact the school office to make an appointment.
We are looking for a teacher who is able to demonstrate:
• A commitment to excellence for all children and will embrace inclusivity
• An outstanding record as a classroom practitioner
• Their ambition and is keen to develop their career
We can offer:
• A friendly, supportive and highly motivated staff team
• A supportive community of staff, governors and parents
• Excellent facilities in an attractive environment
• A 37-week term and a strong staff wellbeing culture
• A high performing Multi Academy Trust and the opportunities that brings for career development
• Staff carpark
• Subsidised lunch
The recruitment process is as follows:
• Please submit a completed application form by 1pm on Friday 20th May 2022
• We encourage all applicants to apply promptly as we will shortlist immediately and reserve the right to close the advert early if we make an appointment
• You will be contacted by telephone if we would like to see you for an interview
• If you have not heard from us three weeks after the closing date you should assume that your application has not been successful this time
• References will be requested for candidates shortlisted for interview unless otherwise stated on your application
Bourne Education Trust
West Ewell Primary School and Nursery is part of Bourne Education Trust (‘BET’) – a regional multi academy trust made up of sixteen schools, across both primary and secondary phases.
Specialising in supporting schools to improve their performance, BET continues to grow a community of high performing academies with the highest aspiration and dedication to achieving the best outcomes for their learners.
Led by Alex Russell, CEO, and supported by an executive team and board of directions, BET’s 1,050 staff currently education over 7,700 pupils.
BET is a fast moving and exciting place to work with every school within our Trust free to shape their individual character. Our brilliant teachers, support staff and leaders share a commitment to providing a first-class education to the children within their schools and as a Trust we strive to ensure that our provision enables every child to fulfil their potential.
Our people are the key to our success and for this reason we believe in creating great places to work where people feel supported and encouraged to be the best they can possibly be.
Staff within our schools can expect to be challenged and motivated to achieve their ambitions, and such is the scale and scope of the Trust’s school-to-school support work, successful candidates can expect to:
• Work in a high performing and supportive environment with dedicated high quality induction, coaching and mentoring programmes
• Develop their teaching pedagogy within a culture of collaboration and sharing of best practice
• Receive focussed career planning and professional development advice, which can result in rapid promotion either through direct placement or via secondments
• Work within an organisation that prioritises staff well-being, supports effective planning, preparation and administrative time as well as access to high quality shared resources and the opportunity to work a shorter academic year than most
West Ewell Primary School and Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.