St Mellons CIW Primary School
Cardiff CF3 5TP
Age Range 4-11
Ref : ED50277057
Teacher (Progression Step 3)
Start date: September 2022.
Newly Qualified Teachers are welcome to apply.
St Mellons Church in Wales Primary School, situated in Llanrumney, Cardiff, is an inclusive, caring school that has a strong and supportive learning community within the context of Christian belief and practice. We are at an exciting time in the life of the school, about to move and expand into a new build school on the St Edeyrn’s development. This move is planned to take place in April 2023.
The Head Teacher and Governing Body of St Mellons Church in Wales Primary School are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, vibrant and creative teacher with evidence of excellent teaching skills to join the hardworking and dedicated team at this happy and successful school.
We are looking for a KS2 teacher who is committed to developing ‘the whole child’ with high expectations of themselves and the children in their care. We want a teacher who is able to deliver consistently high quality lessons in which children are supported, challenged and actively engaged in purposeful learning to ensure that , ‘we are all learning with God to be the best that we can be’.
The successful candidate will:
• Be enthusiastic, caring and motivated
• Have experience of teaching at a consistently high level with a commitment to high standards
• Have passion, drive and an understanding of ALN to ensure that each individual has the opportunity to flourish and achieve their best
• Be an excellent team player
• Have excellent IT skills
• Be able to commit to extra-curricular activities
• Establish and maintain positive relationships with our parents and carers, members of our Governing Body and the wider community.
• Support the Christian ethos of the school.
We can offer the successful candidate:
• A warm, welcoming and caring school with a very supportive team of staff and governors
• Happy, respectful and enthusiastic pupils who are polite and well-mannered with a strong commitment to caring for others and their own learning.
• A commitment to professional development
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced Check.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Application forms to be returned by email to Mrs. J Marchesi, Headteacher, via ermail by 12 noon on Tuesday 7th June 2022.
Once shortlisted, observations will be held during week beginning 13th June and interviews on 23rd June.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• with ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.