Note: Applicants will be considered as applications are received. Should a suitable candidate be identified, we may close the vacancy early.
We at Brunel Academies Trust are a proud, growing educational community with a vision of “no barriers, only potential”. We strive to significantly improve the life chances and outcomes for our children and young people (CYP) whether they are within our SEND provisions or mainstream schools.
As a growing Multi Academy Trust, now is a fantastic time to join our connected network of education professionals where your expertise will be supported and your growth as a teaching professional nurtured by our School Improvement Team. Uplands School is a high performing secondary school for students aged 11- 19 with severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties and autistic spectrum disorders. Our school is not like any other. It is unique, with a group of inspiring students and a team of supportive, nurturing and dedicated Teaching Assistants and Class Teachers who strive to give our students the most positive learning experiences possible as they move into adulthood.
Your role will be pivotal to our students and as part of the wider organisation’s community network. You will be part of an exciting phase as we work together to meet the end goal of our Trust: to collaborate and build a successful community of mainstream schools and SEND provisions to ensure our students have the education they deserve.
The attached job description will detail your role in full. But at a glance, some of the key fields you will be responsible for include:
- To provide examples of good and outstanding teaching practice; including preparation and planning, classroom management and the maintenance of effective working relationships with students and colleagues
- To set and evaluate individual termly targets and to maintain records of achievement for each student, in consultation with colleagues
- To provide reports and assessments for each student in accordance with school policy and for a range of audiences, including a detailed report prior to the student’s annual review
- To ensure that there are appropriate schemes of work and effective teaching strategies which cater for students with a wide range of complex needs
- To provide a stimulating classroom environment, where resources can be accessed appropriately by all students
Our person specification attached will contain the full areas of skills and experience, but it is really important to us that you feel comfortable and confident in your role, so although you may not have everything desirable, there are some essential features our appointee will need to have and these include:
- Have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalency (QTLS)
- Have an enthusiastic, imaginative and caring approach to children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- Be able to work as part of a team and build positive relationships
- Have high expectations of students’ achievements relating to learning, independence and behaviour
Training: It is important to us to ensure you feel valued and supported in this exciting, rewarding and important role that you undertake therefore, relative mandatory training will be provided to the appointed applicant upon starting.
Brunel Academies Trust is a rapidly developing Multi Academy Trust. We value our colleagues and the effort they put into our children and young people day in and out. Whether through continuous professional development (CPD) to feed your ambitions, personal and impartial support through challenging days or exciting and easy to use discounts to enjoy with friends and family, we have a package of excellent benefits which are available to all staff including:
- Support on continuous professional development (CPD) opportunities
- Brunel Perks – exclusive discounts on a range of products and retailers from cinema tickets, food shopping and holidays
- Carefirst – impartial counselling service in person, by video call or phone as well as a citizen’s advice function for advice and support on personal or professional queries
Most importantly, we can promise that you will achieve a high level of job satisfaction through the professional family community our colleagues represent; and the positive impact your role will have on supporting and developing our children and young people’s futures. Your role matters.
Hours: 32.5 pw
Location: Uplands School, Tadpole Lane, Swindon
Salary: MPS + SEN1 Allowance
To learn more about our Trust and our mission, please do visit our website at www. brunel.org.uk or for more information on this exciting opportunity please write to recruitment @brunelsenmat.org.uk.
Brunel Academies Trust is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people (CYP) and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check, references and medical clearance. All references will be obtained prior to interview in line with Safer Recruitment and KCSIE.
Brunel Academies Trust is dedicated to the vision of having a diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that reflects diversity from the communities it serves. We value the contributions of all colleagues from a wide range of backgrounds and actively seek to promote an environment which is free from discrimination and harassment; which at the same time supports fair promotion and cultural acceptance.
Under the provision of the Equality Act 2010, Brunel Academies Trust welcomes applications from everyone and operates a recruitment process that is fair and does not discriminate against or disadvantage anyone because of their age, pronouns preference, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy, paternity or maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.