Class Teacher EYFS
The governors of The Sherwood School are seeking to employ a highly motivated and enthusiastic class teacher, with experience of working within the Early Years, to join our popular school in September 2021. We provide a warm and friendly working environment with high staff morale and a commitment to growing leaders. Our links with local teaching schools enable us to offer excellent professional development for leadership and we are committed to developing our staff to achieve their full potential.
We are an ‘Inner London’ school and we serve a culturally diverse community in Mitcham with happy, confident and polite children. We aim to promote the wellbeing and safety of children and to ensure they are offered the best opportunities that we can provide. We were graded as ‘Good’ in our most recent OFSTED inspection in November 2017 and our work to develop children’s emotional wellbeing was noted as an asset of the school: ‘The school’s work to support pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is effective and a strength of the school.’
We are a UNICEF Rights respecting Gold school where children enjoy learning and achieving in the context of a broad and balanced curriculum, with a special emphasis on the expressive arts, music and Philosophy for Children. This has also been acknowledged in our last Ofsted report: ‘The curriculum is well organised to stimulate pupils’ learning in a range of subjects. Pupils told inspectors that they enjoy learning different subjects.’
We are interested in meeting applicants with a true interest in all children and a passion for enabling and empowering them to learn and achieve. You should be motivated, well-organised, interested in developing your skills as a teacher and keen to contribute to the wider life of the school.
We are looking for a candidate with:
• The ability to build on teaching & learning practice within the Early Years Foundation Stage, reflecting the school’s commitment to high achievement and consistent with national and school strategies and policies.
• The ability to inspire and motivate children within a nurturing environment.
• Knowledge in applying a range of teaching strategies to meet the differing needs of children.
• A passion for teaching and the knowledge to help us accelerate progress for different groups of learners.
• Good interpersonal and team working skills
• Clear and robust behaviour management skills
• Hardworking pupils who love learning
• A genuine commitment to supporting work/life balance
• A friendly and supportive working environment
• Excellent professional development opportunities.
• Dedicated and supportive staff and governors.
• The support of a committed School Leadership Team.
While visits to our school are currently restricted due to COVID-19, a phone conversation with our Headteacher would be warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting the school office.
Closing Date: 25th May 2021
The Sherwood School is committed to providing equality of opportunity and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Any offer to the successful candidate will be conditional upon an Enhanced Disclosure being obtained via the Disclosure and Barring Service.