Class Teacher - Key Stage 2
Pay scale: MPS / UPS dependent on experience. We also welcome applications from enthusiastic NQT’s.
Walter Halls Primary School is a busy and diverse two-form Primary and Nursery school serving the communities of St Anns and Mapperley. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, driven and committed class teacher to join our welcoming team. Working for our fairly newly formed leadership team, there would be future opportunities to progress into leadership, that could go along with this new appointment. An experienced KS2 candidate would best fit the needs of our team but we welcome a range of applicants.
You will be someone who:
• Has a passion for working in inner-city schools and a strong belief that all children can achieve with the right adults around them.
• Has the ability to work as a part of a large team of professionals, sharing ideas and good practice, working collaboratively.
• Has high standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• Has the innovation and ability to motivate and inspire our children with a love of learning.
• Is excellent at forming positive relationships with all children and demonstrates exceptional behaviour management approaches.
• Is driven to make a difference and contribute more widely to whole school leadership.
What we can offer you:
• A large site with stunning outdoor grounds to utilise during all learning opportunities.
• A hard-working and committed team who are passionate, energetic and welcoming.
• A wider school community who genuinely care for and contribute to the school and who welcome new people to become a meaningful part of our Walter Halls Family.
• An opportunity to work alongside some excellent practitioners and a newly-established leadership team; committed to offering the very best to our children and who place exceptionally high value on: positive behaviour strategies, early years pedagogy with practical learning approaches and a commitment to broad and balanced curriculum offer.
• Excellent links with Nottingham Schools Trust with high quality CPD and networking opportunities.
• Amazing children who show positive behaviour, curiosity and resilience – and who make us smile every day!
Walter Halls Primary and Early Years School is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced level disclosure and satisfactory references. The right candidate will have all relevant degree and QTS status.
For more information about the role and about the selection process call the school office and ask to speak with Mrs Emma Beardah, Headteacher, or email the school to arrange a chat.
We welcome visits to our site on: FRIDAY 7th May & THURSDAY 13th May between 2-3pm only. Please call our office to arrange to attend one of these slots.
Closing date: Wednesday 19th May 12 noon
Interviews on: Tuesday 25th & Wednesday 26th May TBC