We are seeking a Class Teacher to join our team in September 2019 (If you would like to find out more before applying, please contact the school and we'll happily show you around).
Applications from both established teachers and NQTs are warmly welcomed. We have a well established support package for NQTs (South Farnham NQT) and because we are a large staff, we can provide opportunities to learn from a wide range of teachers in our school and within our academy schools.
The Governing Body of Sythwood School and Children’s Centre, invites applications from Teachers who would like to take on the exciting and rewarding experience of working in our school; joining our team in September 2019.
• Our school leaders have worked with staff to cut teacher workload, which has proven very successful
• Staff are overwhelmingly positive about working at Sythwood.
• Our school is a large (over 650 children), vibrant place to work where staff work passionately to give our children the best possible education
• Over 60% of our children have English as an additional language
• Sythwood Primary School is a popular and successful school situated in Goldsworth Park, Woking.
• We are part of the Bourne Education Trust.
• We have built strong working relationships with Greenfield Prep school and Tormead Independent Girls
• Our excellent nursery (2-4 yrs) is over subscribed
• We have a specialist centre for visually impaired children
• All of our children take part in our forest school lessons
• Each child will experience at least 3 educational visits/workshops each year
• We have a breakfast club and After School club as well as an outstanding holiday club.
• We have an onsite Children's Centre that reach over 2000 families.
• We teach the International Primary Curriculum.
Sythwood children by the end of year 6 will:
• Be proud of their achievements and unique talents
• Be happy and secure in who they are so they are able to contribute to the wider community
• Have mastered the core skills in reading, writing and maths to be ready for their next stage in education
• Have a thirst for learning and have high aspirations for their future
• Have been developed as a whole child to be independent, resilient and courteous
• Be confident communicators
• Be aware of their own health and well-being and that of others
To achieve this, every day we will strive to:
• Be exceptional role models and have consistently high expectations
• Use every second purposefully so the children master the basics, experience challenge and make accelerated progress
• Develop the whole child through a broad curriculum and enriching experiences, which are accessible for all
• Treat everyone with respect and compassion
• Listen to the views of and work in collaboration with our community
• Have meaningful relationships with the children and be adaptable to their needs
• Celebrate diversity of our children and our community
This role would suit someone who:
• is excited about learning
• is innovative and creative
• is committed to working with a team
• can develop strong supportive relationships with children and the community
• will make a strong contribution to the whole school team
Our new Teacher will join a successful school with a strong and supportive team of colleagues. Our last, 'Good' Ofsted report said "Staff are overwhelmingly positive about the school and feel proud to work there. They report that leaders are supportive and help them to achieve their best!"
We would love to show you around our school, so please call or email Christabel Holmes to arrange a visit. Interviews will be offered as and when appropriate candidates apply.
Sythwood Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.