Rumney Primary School
Headteacher: Miss D Williams
Post Ref: ED50052406
Class Teacher (Maternity Cover)
Temporary until 31st August, 2022
The Headteacher and Governing Body of Rumney Primary School are seeking to appoint a motivated and enthusiastic KS2 Teacher to join the existing caring, committed and hardworking KS2 Team.
We are looking for an excellent practitioner who shares in our school’s ethos and vision that puts pupils well-being, nurture and our school’s nurturing approach at the heart of everything we do .
The successful candidate will :
• be excellent motivational and effective class teachers
• be patient, calm, understanding and caring
• be able to teach in KS2
• have high expectations of attainment and behaviour
• able to plan and deliver an appropriate and challenging curriculum for children of all abilities
• fully understand current and future developments in education
• be adaptable, flexible and resourceful
• be committed to working in an environment that fosters inclusion and equality
• be ICT proficient
• thrive on working as part of a team to achieve the very best for our pupils
• be prepared and be willing to contribute to the wider life of our school
• be committed to their own professional development
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Completed applications should be returned via email to: The Headteacher, Miss D Williams
Closing date for all applications: Friday 24th September 2021 @ 12 p.m. midday
If applicants have not been contacted by the end of the day 24th September 2021, then they should assume that they have not been successful in being shortlisted.
Interviews will take place at the school on Thursday 30th September 2021.
Due to the current COVID -19 circumstances the interview process for this role will be held on a virtual basis using an appropriate online platform. If you have any concerns around your ability to participate in a virtual interview process please contact the school for a discussion.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.