The Good Shepherd Primary Catholic Academy is a two-form entry school for pupils aged 4-11 years of age. The Governors are seeking to appoint a motivated, hardworking and enthusiastic KS2 Teacher to join our friendly and inclusive school. This is a wonderful opportunity to work in a very popular school blessed with great support from the parents and community. The staff are a friendly, supportive and caring team of dedicated professionals.
Applications from Newly Qualified Teachers are welcome.
We are looking for a candidate who will:
- Be committed to our Catholic ethos and life of our school
- Be a good to outstanding practitioner, able to motivate children
- Have high expectations of achievement and behaviour
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Care about children’s learning
- Work in partnership with staff, governors, parents and the wider community.
- Be hard working, enthusiastic and committed
- Be able to work as part of a team
We are proud to offer our staff the following benefits:
- A warm and welcoming Catholic community
- A happy environment where everyone is valued
- Children who are polite, happy and motivated to learn
- Support for your own professional development with excellent opportunities for CPD
- A caring and supportive working environment
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted Childcare vouchers
Closing date: Friday 13 November 2020
Interviews: Tuesday 17 November 2020
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development offered by the CMAT’s teaching school, The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance.
The Trust and The Good Shepherd Catholic Voluntary Academy are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants. We value equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sectors of the community including those of all faiths, the Catholic faith and those without a faith who are supportive of the school’s Catholic character and Christian ethos.
If you had not heard from us within 14 days of the closing date, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Follow us on Twitter: @OLOLCatholicMAT
The Good Shepherd Catholic Primary, Arnold is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.